Basic Skills Necessary:
- Clean and cut a gourd
- Use a jigsaw to cut the top of the gourd and the circle
- Drill for making the small weaving holes in the gourd
Gourd art is quickly becoming a very popular art form. They are wonderful canvases to work on, you can paint, carve, wood-burn and weave on them.
One of my favorite gourd embellishments is the dreamcatcher weave. Although it looks complicated, once you get going it is super simple and quick, You will impress your friends and family with you art work!
This tutorial contains step by step full color instructions on creating this gourdgeous vase.
- Bottle gourd or a gourd of your choice
- Waxed Linen thread or some type of heavy thread for weaving in at least three colors
- Three or four glass beads that you can string on the weaving thread
- Pendant or charm for the center
- Clear and black acrylic spray paint for sealing the inside and outside
- Rim treatment of your choice if you desire
- Ink dyes or paint to paint the gourd
You Will Also Need:
Read blog or news article about this pattern »
- Embroidery needle
- Dust mask or respirator