Basic Skills Necessary:
- Previous dyeing experience is helpful but not necessary
Do you love playing with color? You'll enjoy this Fun and Easy Project for Dip Dyeing Wool Locks.
Part 2 in my Fibers-To-Dye-For Series on different yarn and wool dyeing techniques.
Read blog or news article about this pattern »
- White Wool Locks
- Jacquard Acid Dyes in Kelly Green, Violet and Pink
- Containers (Quart Mason Jars or cut off 1/2 gallons jugs) One per color
- Stock pot or roaster
- Grate or something to lift bags out of the water s.a. old pie tins
- Gallon Size Zip Bags
- Scrap synthetic yarn or ties
- White Vinegar
- Rubber gloves (optional)
- Stove or Hot Plate