Basic Skills Necessary:
- Cast on and Cast off
- Increase and decrease knitwise
Whizzo the Elephant - so named for his very short legs which move very fast!
A simple pattern for a child's soft toy. Can be knitted in any DK/8ply yarn. I have not included yardage or gauge for this as it will vary depending on the yarn you choose.
- 50g of any DK (8ply) yarn for the body parts
- Small amount of DK or 4-ply yarn for blanket
- 1 pair 3mm (2.5US) knitting needles
- Stitch holder
You Will Also Need:
- Polyester toy filling
- Scraps of felt
- Toy safety eyes (you should consider embroidering the eyes instead if you are making Whizzo for a small child