from fluff and fuzz
PDF Digital Download
Have you made this pattern?
Share with the Craftsy community.
Whirly submarine knitting pattern ...
What is the best bit about this submarine? The propeller actually turns round at the back! Lots of whirly fun and games to be had with this toy, a super gift for boys, fans of the film Abyss, or deep sea divers!
About the pattern ...
- The knitting pattern is written row by row so it is easier for beginners to follow, and includes a list of abbreviations and step by step construction details with photos to help you.
- The pattern is written in English.
- If you want to make this as a bath toy, please bear in mind you will need to use an acrylic or machine washable yarn so the toy doesn't shrink; and this is a stuffed toy so it will need a bit of time to dry out after a dunking!
To make your toy you will need this pattern and ...
- The toys are knitted flat on straight 3.5mm knitting needles
- Double knit (light worsted weight yarn) - less than 30g in each colour: white, yellow and grey
- One 20mm diameter button for the propeller
- You will also need some toy filling and a darning/tapestry needle to sew together.
Copyright (c) 2014 Amanda Berry
All rights reserved
25 x 33
My name is Amanda Berry and I love knitting, sewing and anything crafty!
I started designing my own toys as fluff and fuzz in 2010, and my knitting and sewing patterns have been featured in Let's Knit, Craftseller, and Lets Get Crafting Magazines.