Basic Skills Necessary:
- Standard Increases and Decreases
- Knitting in the round
- Knitting Flat
Tom Turkey is perfect Thanksgiving decoration.
Tom Turkey is a knitted turkey that measures about 8 inches tall.
He is designed so that he sits upright well.
The turkey is knit all in the round, with the wings, tail, and beak knit on straight needles.
Techniques used include:
Knitting in the round.
Standard increases and decreases.
13 stitches, 15 rows per 2 inches
- US Size 3 straight needles
- US Size 3 DPN - set of 5
- Bernat Satin - worsted weight - Mocha color
- Bernat Satin - worsted weight - Camel color
- Yarn Bee Italia - Bulky weight - Umbria color
- Lion Brand Wool - worsted weight - Goldenrod color
- Small amount of red or rust worsted weight for waddle
You Will Also Need:
- Tapestry needle
- Safety Eyes - 15 mm
- Polyester Fiberfill
- Stitch marker
Yarns listed are just suggestions
colors listed are just suggestions