Basic Skills Necessary:
- Cast on and cast off
The penguins are hopeful and excited by life and are holding on firmly to their 'security' fishes because things can sometimes be a little bit scary... They would like someone to love and look after them!
I don't give tension for this pattern as it is largely unimportant. The difference in size between the adult and baby is due to the difference in thickness of yarn and needles. If you select a needle size slightly smaller than recommended on the ball-bank this will give you a nice tight fabric and the stuffing should not show between the stitches.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Approx 4" tall when finished, depending on materials used
- Black and white DK for adult penguins
- Black and grey 4ply for baby penguins
- Oddments of yellow for feet and other colors for fish
You Will Also Need:
- Tapestry needle for sewing up
- Polyester toy filling
- Muslin and weighting beads for 'bottom bag (see instructions)
- Plastic toy safety eyes, if desired
- Embroidery thread for eyes if making for a small child
- Scraps of coloured felt for eyes