Huggable Bear

from Huggable Bears

Add your comment:

jampelz114169978 on craftsy.com
jampelz114169978  June 23, 2014 10:42 PM

the bears are soo cute... realt loved it wanrt to knit... pls help

jampelz114169978 on craftsy.com
jampelz114169978  June 23, 2014 10:41 PM

from were i will get the free instruction for knittin gthese teddys

Lill Wolff on craftsy.com
Lill Wolff  April 8, 2014 1:49 AM

It would have been nice with a picture for future reference

Gypsycream  April 10, 2014 11:47 PM

Apologies.

Foxie172 on craftsy.com
Foxie172  March 17, 2014 7:46 PM

hi i love your patters I'm trying to knit this bear when making up the head it doesn't look right it looks to small on the head part and the muzzle looks to big and not the right shape i dont know what im doing wrong i follow the pattern right even my second head was still odd looking can you help me please ..

Gypsycream  April 10, 2014 11:49 PM

Do you have the step by step making up guide? Its a free download that can be found on my Craftsy page. Just add it to your cart and check out, you won't be charged for it. It is full of photos to help you put your bear together and explains how the head/muzzle is constructed.

Foxie172 on craftsy.com
Foxie172  April 21, 2014 8:22 PM

hey i found out what i was doing wrong i didnt read the pattern properly for the head so it was very deformed now it looks alot better

Penelopy on craftsy.com
Penelopy  January 25, 2014 4:20 AM

Hi I just purchases your pattern, but I'm finding it really hard on such thin needles, am I using the right ones?

Gypsycream  January 27, 2014 7:59 AM

I think I've emailed you about this problem haven't I? If not please email me on the address at the bottom of your pattern.

Kathy Tennent on craftsy.com
Kathy Tennent  October 29, 2013 10:45 PM

How do I download my pattern I purchased or does it come to me in the mail? I do not have a printer.

Gypsycream  November 1, 2013 0:00 AM

Hello Kathy, you will find your pattern in your Order History, if you hold your curser over your avatar at the top right corner of your screen a menu will drop down and you will see Order History.

Unfortunately I am unable to print and post the pattern due to the high cost of postage.

Slippy on craftsy.com
Slippy  May 31, 2013 5:42 AM

Sign on to your Craftsy.com account and go to "My Craftsy" and then you'll see three tabs (I think it's three); one of them will be Pattern Library. That's where all the patterns you purchase for download will be. Hope this helps...

Kari Green on craftsy.com
Kari Green  May 14, 2013 8:47 AM

I bought a few of your patterns as they are fabulous! Just one question though - I downloaded the picture instructions for making up the huggable bear and it mentions sewing the tail on, but there was no tail made or mentioned in the basic pattern. Could you please tell me how to make the correct tail for all the bears I will be knitting?! :-) Thank you!

Gypsycream  May 15, 2013 10:37 PM

Thank you for purchasing my designs, that is very kind. The making up guide is designed to cover several bears, Huggable, Needs a Hug, Pocket Bear, Cuddly Bear and Baby Bear, they are all assembled in a similar way. The bear featured in the photos is Cuddly Bear, he has a tail, Huggable was designed without a tail. But if you would like instructions for a tail please email me, my address is at the bottom of every page of your pattern. :D

dropsi on craftsy.com
dropsi  April 20, 2013 9:12 PM

Hi! I just LOVE your patterns! Do you allow selling finished items made from your patterns? Thank you :)

Gypsycream  April 22, 2013 10:31 AM

Thank you :) Yes you can sell your finished item. The way I see it is you purchased the pattern, yarn and notions, your time creating, its your bear. As long as you haven't a factory full of grannies knitting from copies of the same pattern of course lol!

The only issue I have is re-selling or sharing my designs .

dropsi on craftsy.com
dropsi  April 23, 2013 4:16 PM

Thank you so much! I have a facebook page where I sometimes sell baby stuff and these cuties would fit perfect for that :) No, I'm a one (wo)man show :) And of course I won't resell the pattern. Thanks! I definitely will post a pic when I finished one :)

rwramsey on craftsy.com
rwramsey  April 9, 2013 3:59 PM

Hi, Just purchased and downloaded your Bear pattern from the Craftsy site. You mention that detailed photographed 'making up' instructions and its own hooded jacket are available, but could not locate them. Can you please send me a link to the 'making up' instructions. Thank you..

Gypsycream  April 14, 2013 11:24 PM

The links below are for the free downloads, but I don't think the links are clickable so you will need to copy and paste them into the search box.

retzlaffn1251266 on craftsy.com
retzlaffn1251266  February 23, 2013 6:47 AM

Just started to make this bear. Am I missing something. I dont see the directions on knitting the muzzle

retzlaffn1251266 on craftsy.com
retzlaffn1251266  February 23, 2013 6:49 AM

im making the huggable bear

Gypsycream  February 24, 2013 10:47 PM

I think I've emailed you about this, but just in case it wasn't you who emailed me and asked about the muzzle, the muzzle is part of the head. When you cast on 20 stitches and increase one stitch each end and then come to the part where you are directed to knit the following row with a think length of contrast yarn alongside your main yarn, that is the muzzle. Please pick up a copy of the step by step guide, its a free download and can be found on my page, and you will see how the muzzle is constructed. Hope that makes sense. :D

RedSquirrel on craftsy.com
RedSquirrel  May 9, 2012 4:11 AM

purchased and unable to download the pattern, can you help me??? Love the pattern, got 4 grandsons who will adore them, 2 (not sure what I getting) due later this year... help please!

Gypsycream  May 12, 2012 0:25 AM

Hi, have you managed to download your pattern now?

madamquiltprez on craftsy.com
madamquiltprez  December 30, 2012 6:19 PM

I have made two with Pipsqueek yarn that came out looking like terrycloth. Very cute and the face doesn't have to be shaved down. Unfortunately, the yarn only comes in pink, blue, white and a mixture of the three. Is there a BEST yarn to use for these bears. I need something that is sold in Michaels or A C Moore since those are the local stores to me. Thanks for any input

Gypsycream  January 30, 2013 1:15 AM

I like the plain yarn bears and Pipsqueak is a good choice, we have Sirdar Snowflake here in the UK which is very similar I think. I do like faux fur bears but its getting quite difficult to find here in the UK. I tend to buy most of mine from a Turkish online store call Yarn Paradise, they ship all over the world. Shipping is expensive but the price of the yarn is so inexpensive that it offsets the shipping and they are very very fast at shipping. Other than that I've heard that Lion Brand do a nice fun fur and I'm sure Red Heart does too.

MissEmmaJ on craftsy.com
MissEmmaJ  January 29, 2013 8:09 AM

I loved this pattern and the outcome so much, I've started making more bears the moment I finished the first. Thank you!

Gypsycream  January 30, 2013 1:12 AM

Thank you MissEmmaJ, I've just seen your bear and he is adorable!!! Seems I've created another bear addict, I mean artist! :)

carmelhan886425 on craftsy.com
carmelhan886425  January 16, 2013 6:13 PM

Where would I buy safety eyes?

Gypsycream  January 22, 2013 0:21 AM

I'm not sure where you live so this is quite hard to reply to. I would suggest you check out Ebay shops, or Etsy sellers. Failing that type in "toy safety eyes" into Google and see what comes up.

Darkinn on craftsy.com
Darkinn  January 23, 2013 7:42 AM

In major US Cities, Michael's and Joanns is a option.

misslady on craftsy.com
misslady  January 9, 2013 11:09 PM

Do you have instructions for knitting the bears in the round?

Gypsycream  January 22, 2013 0:21 AM

No I'm sorry I don't. I tend to design flat because most people can knit flat, not everyone can knit in the round.

Darkinn on craftsy.com
Darkinn  January 23, 2013 7:41 AM

As I knit my first bear, I'm looking at how to modify the pattern for in the round for myself. With approval, I might make a public version.

Doggiemama on craftsy.com
Doggiemama  November 24, 2012 7:15 PM

Love the pattern! got it the other day and already have done 1. Starting #2 tonight! These are so easy to read and wonderfully written. Thank you for taking te time to share it with us!

Gypsycream  January 30, 2013 1:16 AM

Thank you :) I love designing bears and other creatures. As a designer I'm in a very privileged position of getting to see the finished item. You have no idea how great that is :)

HelenJP on craftsy.com
HelenJP  October 20, 2012 2:09 AM

Hi I purchased this little bear pattern and I am so pleased with it, I have made one up and added it to the projects and have another two to make up today, I am addicted. I have lots of wool to make more :)
It was so easy to knit and make up.

Gypsycream  January 30, 2013 1:15 AM

Yay!! another addict/artist :) Pleased to hear you are enjoying creating bears :)

fionalina on craftsy.com
fionalina  February 29, 2012 5:10 AM

Hi Gypsycream
Your bears are adorable-just love all the cute expressions

Gypsycream  February 29, 2012 2:49 PM

Thank you for your kind comment. These bears have a habit of creating themselves, I just knit them :)

Edith Hendricks on craftsy.com
Edith Hendricks  May 21, 2012 3:33 PM

Were can i get the bear pattern from gypsycream?

Gypsycream  May 24, 2012 10:54 PM

Just click on the photo of the bear you want to purchase on my page.

horses.27736117 on craftsy.com
horses.27736117  May 27, 2012 1:47 PM

do u have any orange patterns because i have so much orange wall ????

Cindy Luck on craftsy.com
Cindy Luck  March 5, 2012 9:39 AM

Before I read the comment below, I was gigglilng--becaue each bear does look like it has its own expression! Absolutely adorable. I have been looking for bears for the grand kids, but I want larger ones...could I do it with just a bigger knitting needle do you think?

Gypsycream  March 5, 2012 10:11 AM

Hi Cindy, yes you can do these on larger needles, I've gone as far as 4mm. The bear is then usually 11 to 12 inches sitting. But mind when you come to stuff them not to stretch them out of shape, I find the eyelash does become quite stretchy at the best of times which is why I've state 3.25 needles.

nana-knitter on craftsy.com
nana-knitter  June 2, 2012 6:27 PM

Myself, I would suggest using a bulk weight yarn . I would go down suggested size on the needle.That way you have have the problem of the stuffing showing through knitting. You may want to do a swatch to check that. It WILL come out much larger then the 9 inches sitting size.

chyann on craftsy.com
chyann  March 7, 2012 8:40 PM

Simply adorable, can't wait to get started on one for my grand baby.

Gypsycream  March 8, 2012 0:04 AM

Thank you, hope you enjoy it.

faithworks on craftsy.com
faithworks  March 10, 2012 7:53 AM

they are wonderful, I have never seen such cheery bears, they look like they want to say something. LOL

Gypsycream  May 12, 2012 0:26 AM

Starfire61 on craftsy.com
Starfire61  March 15, 2012 6:16 AM

Hi Gypsycream!
Very cute bears. I still have one grandson that would really love this bear. Even I would love to give them some hugs. Looks so nice and squishy!!
Starfire
Starfire

Gypsycream  March 28, 2012 0:25 PM

Thank you for you kindness. Yes they are very hug-able, just the right size somehow :)

eedy22 on craftsy.com
eedy22  March 15, 2012 2:10 PM

They are so perfect I have been lucky enough to be given 2 by the lady herself how lucky am I,now got my own pattern

emmazeen on craftsy.com
emmazeen  March 23, 2012 11:50 AM

They are brilliant, I have to get the pattern from you will be in touch soon.

Mary Geehan on craftsy.com
Mary Geehan  March 24, 2012 6:06 AM

Hi Gypsycream,
I have just finished my first bear, and posted a photo, I love it. I have just bought more yarn to knit another one, OH DEAR I think it mat be difficult to control this bear population!
I noticed your bears are in lighter coloured yarn, I have just bought a dark grey yarn, hope it shows up the eyes, we will see.

Gypsycream  March 28, 2012 0:27 PM

Yes I've seen your bear and its wonderful. Now I should have warned you that they are very addictive shouldn't I? I've done them in dark brown and even black, you need to use larger eyes, approx 15mm for darker colour yarn and they show up just fine.

carolynescrafts on craftsy.com
carolynescrafts  May 2, 2012 10:28 AM

thank you for this info. I can't wait to get my pattern and get started!

carolynescrafts on craftsy.com
carolynescrafts  May 2, 2012 10:35 AM

so we can't control the bear population, answer, flea markets,garage sales, ebay !! I'll bet alot of non knitters or crochet ers would love to buy one or two.

SallyT57 on craftsy.com
SallyT57  March 26, 2012 5:26 PM

Hi Gypsycream,
Are these bears knit in pieces, in the round? I'm not fond of seaming. The bears are adorable but I'm a bit of a lazy finisher.

Gypsycream  March 28, 2012 0:28 PM

Sorry to say they are knitted straight each piece is a separate piece. With the eyelash yarn I find that its very forgiving of un neat stitching ;) Hope you give one a go, they are worth it promise :)

EFerg on craftsy.com
EFerg  April 4, 2012 3:12 PM

The best knitted bear pattern out there!

tea-cozy on craftsy.com
tea-cozy  April 5, 2012 0:11 AM

Gypsycream,your patterns are simply the best they are easy to understand and to knit,you have a great talent.

Gypsycream  April 9, 2012 11:08 PM

That's so kind of you to say Tea-cozy. Not sure about having talent, the bears seems to create themselves ;-)

comprehen633606 on craftsy.com
comprehen633606  April 19, 2012 4:25 PM

Hi Gypsycream, Absolutely love your bears and have now bought the pattern. Can I ask what yarn you used for the brown bear with the long hair?

Gypsycream  April 29, 2012 6:05 AM

Sorry for the late reply, I've been away and only just now catching up. I think the one you are asking about is made in Gypsy wool, was it Patons or Stylecraft who used to make this wool, can't remember, but its often found on Ebay.

Thank you for buying one of my patterns, really kind of you :)

Best wishes

Pat

comprehen633606 on craftsy.com
comprehen633606  May 16, 2012 7:57 AM

Hi Gypsycream. Thanks for your message. I've now bought Stylecraft Gypsy wool in brown and a sort of honey colour on eBay and have just started my first one. Great pattern - so easy to follow. Also got lovely grey Kuka supersoft fur on Yarn_paradise from Turkey which I think will make a lovely bear. My grandsons will love them and my husband wants one too!

Gypsycream  May 24, 2012 10:59 PM

I hope you are enjoying creating your bears, looks like you've a lot of bear knitting ahead of you!! Please post a photo of your finished bears, I'd love to see them.

Deb@kidleydinks on craftsy.com
Deb@kidleydinks  April 20, 2012 10:26 PM

Just about finished my first Huggable Bear... the pattern is easy to follow and you have made it easy to have a go.. I've looked at alot of knitted Teddy patterns, and to be honest some scare me :) you have an amazing talent... I'll post a picture for you when I'm finished.. :-)

Gypsycream  April 29, 2012 6:07 AM

Hi Deb

Thank you for your kind words about my patterns, I've tried to make them understandable from beginner to experienced knitter. Like you, I've bought patterns in the past and have had to just give up on them because I couldn't understand the instructions, hence the Huggbable Bear was born :)

Looking forwards to seeing your bear when you are ready to post a photo.

Best wishes

Pat

Alyson Clark on craftsy.com
Alyson Clark  April 25, 2012 8:04 AM

Just finished my first bear .This pattern is very easy to follow and very clearly written .If you love bears give it ago .
Wonderful bears as usual

Gypsycream  April 29, 2012 6:07 AM

Thank you Alyson for your kind words. I've seen your bears and they are amazing.

carolynescrafts on craftsy.com
carolynescrafts  May 2, 2012 10:41 AM

when you use the eyelash yarn, do you use another yarn with it for stability?

Gypsycream  May 12, 2012 0:24 AM

No I don't, but I've heard that others do use a 1 or 2ply. If you can use a smaller needle size than the size recommended on the ball band, I've advised 3.5mm, then all the better. You need to create a tight weave so that when the time comes to fill the bear your fabric wont stretch out of shape and you wont see the filler behind the stitches. Experiment with needle sizes and use the smallest you can knit most comfortably with.

Jhulk3 on craftsy.com
Jhulk3  May 9, 2012 10:47 PM

I bit the bullet after reading all of the "bear" things and seeing them on your avatar... can't wait to start one!!!

Gypsycream  May 12, 2012 0:26 AM

And I hope you will post a photo of you bear here when you have finished.

retiredinpa on craftsy.com
retiredinpa  May 13, 2012 8:13 AM

I noticed someone said there is a PDF with pictures on sewing the bear together. Where would that be?

Gypsycream  May 13, 2012 0:45 PM

Hi, its here on Craftsy.com

Gypsycream  May 13, 2012 0:46 PM

Oops the link doesn't work. Click on my name above this post you will get to my home page, half way down my pattern designs you will see it, the picture is a bear it bits :)

threekitties on craftsy.com
threekitties  May 20, 2012 9:29 AM

Please help! I purchased your Huggable Bear Pattern just recently - but, I did not print out the instructions for putting it together (am very new at all this) Would it be possible for you to send those instructions to my email (jahjaa10@yahoo.com). I know I will need help in putting it together. Am hoping I will be able to do it. Love them!!!!! I saw the instructions on Knitting Paradise but did not make a note of it.

nana-knitter on craftsy.com
nana-knitter  June 2, 2012 6:37 PM

Gypsycream has free direction here at craftsy available. Here is the link: http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/knitting/Toy/Making-up-instructions-for-your-bears/14738

Nanswa on craftsy.com
Nanswa  May 21, 2012 5:04 PM

Are the huggable bear and need-a-hug bear the same pattern?

Gypsycream  May 24, 2012 10:53 PM

No, Need a hug bear is bigger and rounder, has larger feet and hands, like he need to do more growing :) Huggable is more your traditions bear shape and size.

horses.27736117 on craftsy.com
horses.27736117  May 27, 2012 1:50 PM

i just have soooooo much bright orange wall and i dont have any patterns for it .

Bon47 on craftsy.com
Bon47  May 31, 2012 0:25 AM

Do you offer any of your BEAR PATTERNS in CROCHET?????

Thank-You

Gypsycream  June 7, 2012 1:59 AM

No I'm sorry, I don't crochet.

nana-knitter on craftsy.com
nana-knitter  June 2, 2012 6:34 PM

This bear was such a pleasure to make. Waring label should be added to the pattern.''This bear is addicting to make'....they are like the Lays potatoe chips.. "'You cant make just one". I getting ready to start my second on the same night I finished the first.

Gypsycream is a true genius...

Gypsycream  June 7, 2012 2:00 AM

Thank you, so pleased you are enjoying creating bears :)

Tweet_mouse on craftsy.com
Tweet_mouse  June 14, 2012 4:39 AM

Just bought and printed off this gorgeous bear pattern. Need to go in search of the correct yarns and needles etc. I've not knitted anything so tiny ... Wish me luck :-D

Gypsycream  June 20, 2012 3:04 PM

I hope you are enjoying your pattern.

JanElizabeth on craftsy.com
JanElizabeth  June 14, 2012 11:45 AM

Those bears are absolutely adorable! Nicely done. I just want to hug them all.

seafox on craftsy.com
seafox  June 15, 2012 9:59 AM

This huggable bear is REALLY REALLY popular with the knitters who follow the Knitting Paradise knitting forum.
They are making dens full of them, and giving the pattern rave reviews.
I've had the patern for a while, but since some recent posts I can't wait to get started any longer. Gypsycream has become the bear hero on that site. She has helped the timid knitters along, and so I know if I have a problem she is waiting in the wings.
All the bears are cute--I have to jump in.

www.knitting paradise.com

Gypsycream  June 20, 2012 3:05 PM

Virginia Scott on craftsy.com
Virginia Scott  June 19, 2012 3:30 PM

I am fixing to purchase the pattern but before I did I wanted to doublecheck something. The fun fur you mention , can I use Lionbrand Fun Fur? And do you use another yarn with the funfur. Im excited but also extremely nervous. Havent been knitting that long and I only know basic stitches . Plus I do not know how to knit something with shape. So wish me luck

Gypsycream  June 20, 2012 3:03 PM

Hi Virginia

Yes you can use Lionbrand Fun fur, EFerg uses it all the time and just look at her bears, they are wonderful.

And I personally don't use any other yarn alongside the fun fur, some people do, but it will make a bigger bear obviously. I think you will find the patterns quite easy to follow and there is a step by step making up instructional file as a free download, so remember to add a copy to your cart before you check out. My email address is on all the patterns, please do not hesitate to get in touch should you need any guidance at all and I'll try to help you. Oh and good luck, not that you will need it :-)

Rosemary Byrne on craftsy.com
Rosemary Byrne  July 15, 2012 11:20 AM

Where do I download the assembly instructions?

Gypsycream  July 23, 2012 2:26 AM

The assembly instructions are here: http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/knitting/Toy/Making-up-instructions-for-your-bears/14738

Or if you go to my page you will see them :)

rawleb835661 on craftsy.com
rawleb835661  July 16, 2012 0:07 PM

Can I purchase a bear finished?

Gypsycream  July 23, 2012 2:27 AM

If you would like to email me on patalinejad@hotmail.com we can talk about a finished bear. Thank you

Slippy on craftsy.com
Slippy  August 15, 2012 6:18 AM

I purchased the pattern and I'm ready to start knitting so excited. But ... I'm a pretty "new" knitter and find myself ripping stitches a little too often. I've been told that eyelash wool is very difficult to rip. Should I use a different wool/yarn? If so, what would you suggest? Or is eyelash not that difficult to rip? Appreciate the suggestions!

Gypsycream  August 18, 2012 0:21 PM

Eyelash is hard to rip back, it tends to tangle. Two things, a) if you are ripping back because you are one or two stitches adrift, please don't worry about them, just add or decrease in the next row, its a bear it doesn;t need to fit. and b) perhaps if you've never created a bear before you may like to try a plainer yarn, perhaps a chenille of fleecy type or brush double knit. Once you are used to the way the pattern works you can then move onto an eyelash/faux fur.

I do hope you'll share your finished bear on this page :)

KarleenB on craftsy.com
KarleenB  April 12, 2013 7:34 PM

I purchased this pattern and paid for it through PayPal . Got to the order confirmation page and it said that the pattern would be available for download on my homepage and an email would be sent to my email address, neither of those things happened.
How do I get the pattern I paid for?

Huggable Bear Pattern