Basic Skills Necessary:
- pick up and knit
- Read Color Chart
The Penguin pattern is worked in stranded-style colorwork.
The Throw is knit in the round with a steek. The steek is cut open, then the throw is lined with fleece fabric to cover the back side.
Designed by Sandi Rosner, the Hearth Rug is also available as part of the downloadable e-book, "A Walk in the Woods: 8 Projects to Knit and Crochet with Deluxe."
24 sts x 24 rows = 4" in St st in Penguin stranded pattern using smaller needles
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Pillow: 18" x 18"
- Throw: 38" x 45"
- Deluxe Worsted 12257 White (MC) - 2 skeins Pillow, 4 skeins Throw (5 skeins for both pieces)
- Deluxe Worsted 12276 Twilight (CC1) - 1 skein Pillow, 2 skeins Throw (3 skeins for both pieces)
- Deluxe Worsted 12234 Flintstone (CC2) - 1 skein Pillow, 1 skein Throw (1 skein for both pieces)
- Deluxe Worsted 91868 Vivid Blue (CC3) - 1 skein Pillow, 1 skein Throw (2 skeins for both pieces)
- Deluxe Worsted 12280 Blue Chic (CC4) - 1 skein Pillow, 1 skein Throw (1 skein for both pieces)
- US Size 6 (4 mm) 32" circular or size needed to obtain gauge
- US Size 8 (5 mm) 32" circular needle (for Throw only) or size needed to obtain gauge
- Extra US Size 6 (4 mm) for bind off (Pillow only)
You Will Also Need:
- Stitch Marker
- Tapestry Needle
- 18" pillow form (Pillow only)
- 11/2 yds lightweight fleece fabric for lining (Throw only)
- Sewing Needle and Thread to match lining fabric
Universal Yarn Deluxe Worsted