Basic Skills Necessary:
I love this stitch - there is no front or back, only your favorite. The final crochet edge is a beautiful finishing detail and looks great on either side. The directions for an afghan size are also included. Numbers within the pattern are given as follows: outer blanket (worsted cotton blanket, outer afghan, worsted cotton afghan).
outer blanket & afghan: 12 sts & 12 rows = 4" in slip stitch pattern. Worsted cotton blanket & afghan: 22 1/2 sts & 21 1/2 rows = 4" in slip stitch pattern.
Because this is a blanket, gauge is not critical. If you are a tight knitter or want more loft, you may want to go up a needle size to get a beautiful drape. Go for the fluff factor!
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- blanket: approx. 39 (37) x 29"; afghan: approx 42 x 72"
- Spud & chlo outer (65% superwash wool, 35% organic cotton; 100 gr = 60 yds): blanket: 9 hanks color # 7200 soapstone; agfhan: 23 hanks
- Blue sky alpacas worsted cotton (100% organic cotton; 100 gr = 150 yds): blanket: 6 hanks color # 606 shell; afghan: 17 hanks
You Will Also Need:
- Needles: outer blanket & afghan: size 13 us (9mm) circular 29" or longer, or size needed to obtain gauge, and size l crochet hook.
- Needles: Worsted cotton blanket & afghan: size 9 (5.5mm) circular 29" or longer, or size needed to obtain gauge, and size j crochet hook.