Basic Skills Necessary:
- knit and purl
- working in the round
- measuring gauge
- working flat
- some sewing seams
The Water Street cardigan is simple to knit and effortless to wear. Sleeves and body are each worked separately and then joined for a raglan yoke, with a few garter ridges added for extra texture at cuffs and upper torso. Worked with Tanis Fiber Arts Purple Label Cashmere Sock (or your preferred fingering weight wool or wool-cashmere blend yarn) at a loose gauge of 5 sts/inch, this cardi is perfect for the transitional times of year, or any time you need some light knitted comfort.
20 sts/32 rows over 4 inches, in stockinette stitch on 4.5mm needles OR needle size required to obtain gauge.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- XS(S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL) Garment measures approximately 33(36, 39, 42, 45, 48, 51) inches around at bust, when closed.
- Garment is intended to be work with 2-4 ins of positive ease (i.e. to be worn slightly loose).
Read blog or news article about this pattern »
- Tanis Fiber Arts Purple Label Cashmere Sock [70% merino, 20% cashmere, 10% nylon; 375 yds/ 342 m per 4 oz/100g skein] 3(4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6) skeins. (Shown in 'Deep Sea')
- 4.5mm/US #7 needles (32" circular is recommended for body; DPNs or long circular for magic loop are recommended for sleeves)
- 4.0mm/US #6 needles (lengths as above)
- Stitch markers (at least 6)
- Tapestry needle