Basic Skills Necessary:
- knitting in the round, knitting with dpn's, kitchener stitch
This sweater is knit from the bottom up. The body is worked to the underarms, then it is set aside while both sleeves are worked. The body & sleeves are then joined as one for the yoke. The fit is comfortable, loose & long, falling below the hipline. A simple lace panel is worked on the front of the sweater.
5 sts & 7 rows in 1'' in stockinette stitch in the round on larger needles.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- 6months (12mo, 24 mo, 2T - 3T, 4T)
- Finished chest measurements just below the underarm: 19 (20 1/2, 23, 24 1/2, 26)''
- Berroco Ultra Alpaca (50% alpaca 50% wool) 215y/198m/100grams. 1(2,2,3,3) skeins.
- US#6/4.5mm 20'' & 16'' circular needles & set of 4 dpn's, US#8/5mm 20'' circular needles (a 24'' set of #8's may also be needed for the yoke of the larger sizes) & set of 4 dpn's.
- 3 stitch markers (2 of the same color, 1 in a different color for beginning of rnd), 1 stitch holder, scrap yarn to place live sts being held for underarms, darning needle.
215 yards of Worsted weight
Berroco Ultra Alpaca
Read blog or news article about this pattern »