Basic Skills Necessary:
- Knit, purl
- Cast on, bind off
By Diane Zangl
A barely-there jacket is the perfect coverup when evenings turn chilly. The short, modified set-in sleeves are worked in an alternating cable and openwork pattern. The cut-away body is stockinette stitch. All openings are edged with a narrow band of 1/1 Twisted Rib.
23 sts and 30 rows = 4" in St st with smaller needles
27 sts and 28 rows = 4" in Open Cable pat with larger needles To save time, take time to check gauge.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Misses extra-small (small, medium, large)
- Chest: 34 (36, 40, 44)"
- Back length: 14 (14 1/2, 16, 16 1/2)"
- Sleeve length: 5 (5, 6, 6)"
- Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport, 100% superwash wool (70g/200 yds per hank): 3 (3, 4, 5) hanks
You Will Also Need:
- Size 4 (3.5mm) 29" circular needles or size needed to obtain gauge
- Size 5 (3.75mm) 39 circular needles or size needed to obtain gauge
- Cable needle (cn)
- Stitch holders and markers
600 yards of Sport weight
Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport