Basic Skills Necessary:
- The knitter should be confident knitting in the round.
- The twisted stitches are trickier than plain knitting, so require a bit of experience, but they're not that hard.
- This could be a good learning project for following simple charts and working twisted stitches. One tester used this as her very first pair of socks and they looked great (except for her choice of self-striping yarn!)
Originally part of a kit from Simply Socks Yarn Company, this pattern is available now, from me. The heart motif goes all of the way to the toe!
9.5 stitches per inch or 37.5 stitches in 10
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- The sock measures a little over 7" (17.8 cm) around, unstretched, and stretches up to almost 12" (30.5 cm) around. Actual sock size is determined by changing the length of the sock. Ribbing on the back of the sock makes this technique reasonable. If you have a very large or very small foot, consider using smaller or larger needles for this sock.
- If your desired size for sock length falls inbetween sizes, use the instructions for the smaller size, then add rows in the wiggle room section. Remember to reduce the foot measurement of the recipient by 10% in both width and length, to achieve a well-fitting sock.
- Women's Small, U.S. Shoe Size 5, sock is about 7.5" (19 cm) long to fit a foot that is 8.5" (21.6 cm) long
- Women's Medium, U.S. Shoe Size 7, sock is 8.5" long (21.6 cm) to fit a foot that is 9.25" (23.5 cm) long
- Women's Large, U.S. Shoe Size 11, sock is about 9.5" (24 cm) long to fit a foot that is 10.5" (26.7 cm) long
- This pattern was originally part of a kit from Simply Socks Yarn Company, and was developed for a limited-edition yarn by Claudia Hand Painted Yarns called Confetti Confection. With that said, any sock yarn should work well with this pattern, although a yarn with strong stripes might overwhelm the heart motif. If you want help deciding if a yarn will work
- 100 grams of any sock yarn should work well.
- #2 (2.75mm) or needles needed to get gauge.
You Will Also Need:
350 yards of Fingering weight
Claudia Hand Painted Yarns
Read blog or news article about this pattern »