Opening Night

from Marly Bird

Add your comment:

tinahickman_1@msn.com on craftsy.com
tinahickman_1@msn.com  January 20, 2014 7:38 AM

Marly, I purchased the pattern and unable to download it either. Can you send me a pdf to my personal email at: tinahickman20@gmail.com? Appreciate it. I really love the pattern. Thanks!

Banjo Uke on craftsy.com
Banjo Uke  July 26, 2013 2:46 PM

Is this pattern knit in the round?

Marly Bird on craftsy.com
Marly Bird  January 20, 2014 1:28 PM

twarner56809001 on craftsy.com
twarner56809001  February 12, 2013 7:11 AM

I purchased this pattern, but have not been able to download. Has anyone else had this issue? It seems that the file (26.5MB) is bigger than Craftsy recommendations. Any suggestions on how to receive this pattern that I've purchased?

Marly Bird on craftsy.com
Marly Bird  March 6, 2013 10:27 AM

Hi Twarner, if you still have a problem please let me know and I will get it to you another way!

mrsharris on craftsy.com
mrsharris  February 6, 2013 7:57 AM

Sorry folks, a probably-daft pattern question here; I am working the pattern in size XL, so for Left Front have CO 43 stitches. Armhole shaping as per back (2 x BO 6 sts, then dec 1 st x 6) gets me to 25 sts, but reading ahead to neck shaping I see to dec 1 st x 15, which should get me to 16 sts, but the maths don't work - I will end up with only 10 stitches to work over the rest of the piece, which will then not work when I get to shape shoulder.
Should I do fewer decreases on neck shaping, and stop at 16 stitches, or have a made a boo-boo somewhere else...?

Marly Bird on craftsy.com
Marly Bird  March 6, 2013 10:34 AM

Hi there, so sorry for the late response but I just saw this comment! I can see the problem...you have written above that you BO 6 sts TWICE at the armholes when it should ONLY BE ONCE. When you did the back it was twice because you had to do it for each side of the back but since it is only the Left Front you will BO 6 only once. That will give you the 16 sts after all shaping at the neck is done :) Hope that helped!

Opening Night Pattern