Basic Skills Necessary:
- basic knitting and purling
- Basic cable stitch. Instructions are included.
- Knitting in the round
- Knit into the front and back increase
Knitting this pattern will create a perfect first cardigan for a new baby. In sizes, preemie, small newborn and newborn, it will fit new babies of all sizes.
Using less than 100g of yarn, this cardigan is perfect for those quick gifts.
4.5 sts by 6 rows = 1" in stockinette stitch
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Preemie (4-5 lbs) - 12" chest
- Small Newborn (5-7 lbs) - 13" chest
- Newborn (8-9 lbs) - 14" chest
- 109-200 yards of worsted weight yarn
- Size 7 needles in either straight or circular style for the body of the sweater.
- Size 7 DPNs or needle needed for your preferred method of small circumference knitting for the sleeves.
You Will Also Need:
- Cable needle
- Scrap yarn
- 5 stitch markers
- 3 (4,4) 5/8" buttons
- Yarn needle