Woodland Cowl

from While they Play

Add your comment:

sandycats440899 on craftsy.com
sandycats440899  August 2, 2014 5:41 PM

Kalurah, I have made this cowl so many times I can not believe it. I have used all kinds of yarns and they all come out lovely. Please make some more patterns like this one. Thank you so very much. Mary

Picantesun on craftsy.com
Picantesun  October 5, 2013 3:35 PM

I am a bit disappointed that I cannot download the pattern onto my iPhone. Is this just me or is this a standard deficiency? Is Safari the issue or it is the template/program used to show the pattern? Is this a standard issue in all of Cratsy's downloaded patterns? I am new here.

gaylemae on craftsy.com
gaylemae  February 6, 2014 3:40 PM

I couldn't download it to my iphone either. I went to my computer, and took a screenshot, and made it that way. It's really just a simple fast knit, so even writing it down wouldn't be too long before you can get started. I'm halfway done, and only an hour has passed!

deb21222096527 on craftsy.com
deb21222096527  September 26, 2013 10:26 AM

Thanks for asking the same question I had about the button holes. The pattern did not describe this well at all. Designer - please be very explicit in your instructions . I'm a beginner and the lack of instructions or clarification about the button holes was very frustrating for someone just starting to knit. Thank you.

Kalurah Hudson on craftsy.com
Kalurah Hudson  September 27, 2013 1:14 AM

The instructions for the buttonholes are very clear. In all knitting patterns it is standard to see "K" for knit, "YO" for yarn over and "K2tog" for knit 2 stitches together. Many designers write their patterns assuming the knitter knows these standards already. But I apologize for not including a guide to these abbreviations in the pattern. I'll work on adding that to the PDF and uploading it to the site for your convenience.
Until then, here is a simplification of the buttonhole row instructions:
Yarn over your needle, knit 2 stitches together, knit 5 stitches, (repeat this 3 times), continue with the rest of row.
Hope this helps!
Kalurah

Picantesun on craftsy.com
Picantesun  October 5, 2013 3:38 PM

FYI Kalurah: I don't think she has problems with your knitting abbreviations (it certainly is us knitters responsibility to know the abbreviations). I guess it just wasn't clear that it was all done on the same row. No worries though as someone else explained it to us. And thank you for providing such a delightful pattern! I'm going to teach my grade 11 Fashion class how to knit next month and this pattern is perfectly ideal! Thanks again!! :)

Picantesun on craftsy.com
Picantesun  September 22, 2013 10:50 PM

i dont understand the button whole instructions. The line which gives the way to do the button whole - do I then repeat it 3 more times? If so, how many rows must I knit between each buttonhole? The pattern doesn't specify this (or does it?). HELP PLEASE!

Lyzzle on craftsy.com
Lyzzle  September 25, 2013 4:32 AM

The buttonholes are all worked on the one row, the bit you repeat 3 times is in brackets. (YO, K2tog, K5) That makes 3 buttonholes, and then the last bit makes one more, so you make 4 buttonholes. Hope that makes sense!

Kalurah Hudson on craftsy.com
Kalurah Hudson  September 27, 2013 1:15 AM

Thanks so much for explaining that Lyzzle! You're a peach.

lanabellofatto on craftsy.com
lanabellofatto  September 22, 2013 2:13 PM

How many to cast on n how long???

asorensen543272 on craftsy.com
asorensen543272  September 22, 2013 2:58 PM

You have to go through and purchase the pattern to be able to download the full pattern. It's free but you have to go through the purchase to get the full pattern. Took me a minute or two to figure that out!

Caillie on craftsy.com
Caillie  September 22, 2013 11:28 AM

Yeah, not a lot of detail. Please add more information.

asorensen543272 on craftsy.com
asorensen543272  September 22, 2013 2:58 PM

2drawforeal on craftsy.com
2drawforeal  September 22, 2013 10:10 AM

love the cowl! thanks for the share- how many cast on stitches? how long to knit, and where and how do the buttons holes go in?

sgv41671015402 on craftsy.com
sgv41671015402  September 22, 2013 11:47 AM

Free what, you dont give any instructions like how many do you cast on, and how long is it. Please send more info. I could guess, but its not really how I would prefer to do it.

Carole Wall on craftsy.com
Carole Wall  September 22, 2013 0:04 PM

Ditto, just want to know how many stitches to cast on

lanabellofatto on craftsy.com
lanabellofatto  September 22, 2013 2:13 PM

Glad I am not alone on this . Thought I was doing something wrong.. Guess we have to figure it out ourselfs

asorensen543272 on craftsy.com
asorensen543272  September 22, 2013 2:58 PM

Kalurah Hudson on craftsy.com
Kalurah Hudson  September 27, 2013 1:23 AM

Hello all!
This is indeed a free pattern but the instructions are not given on the main pattern section. It is a PDF document. Simply click on the orange button that says, "Download Pattern". All the information you need is there in the PDF. If you are a new knitter and need some help with abbreviations please feel free to email me. My email address is on the PDF. :)
Happy knitting!
Kalurah

gaylemae on craftsy.com
gaylemae  February 6, 2014 3:43 PM

I am trying to use up the small balls I have leftover of this yarn, but there's not a length shown in the pattern. Please help! Thank you. I had to go up to a #17, as the drape wasn't as expected, and it's a nice quick knit!

Nencioni null on craftsy.com
Nencioni null  February 16, 2014 0:04 AM

per caso hai la traduzione in italiano?
grazie