Add your comment:

Mythica on craftsy.com
Mythica  November 25, 2012 11:52 PM

I just finished my first and my 2nd is on the needles - love this pattern! So easy when you've past the first rounds, but I wonder if anyone else is getting their finished rounds (the ones you decrease) as pretty as the start? I don't, but they're ok ;)

andreegen409374 on craftsy.com
andreegen409374  December 13, 2012 7:57 PM

I like to know if this pattern is aviable in French. It will be easier for me to follow.
Can someone explain to me what that mean M1?
Andre

Taaf on craftsy.com
Taaf  December 14, 2012 0:24 PM

M1 means make 1 as in another stitch. There's various ways to make a stitch but the simplest would be the yarn wound backwards on your thumb and then put on the needle. Pull the yarn and that's it.

Taaf on craftsy.com
Taaf  December 14, 2012 0:25 PM

oh, 3 messages down, the designer has left a good link to making another stitch. Check it out.

Soniamarie on craftsy.com
Soniamarie  December 7, 2012 4:42 AM

Hi I have just downloaded the pattern which I love and want to knit it up but I live in the UK and not sure what weight wool I would need to use, can anyone please help me as I am more of a sewer than knitter :)

Primalux on craftsy.com
Primalux  December 8, 2012 3:33 PM

I was lucky to be able to test knit this pattern over on Ravelry! I used a worsted weight yarn which is a 10 ply or about an Aran weight. IMHO, I think a DK weight would make the finished product a bit too small.

alexisann626030 on craftsy.com
alexisann626030  November 22, 2012 5:38 PM

Help! I went to your blog and left a question, but I thought I might get a faster response, and I thought of another question. I have knitted for about 10 years but this is stumping me. I have started over three times and the M1's are killing me. I usually do M1's picking up inbetween or kfb- but the backwards loop, I know I'm not yarning over, but...when I do it backwards and go to the next row, at the next row it gets confused, and I don't think I am doing it right. Do you have a video or an explanation that may make my stubborn head get this? Each time I have started this, it has come out differently. Also, on the 15th row, when you say to just pass the first stitch and knit over the last two? I am lost. Should I knit two together? Because that is the only way this seems to be coming out with the correct number of stitches. Someone? Anyone? I want to get this knitted by Christmas for my mother and if I can just get started I can get it done in short order!

tricotbec on craftsy.com
tricotbec  November 23, 2012 0:32 PM

Hi Alexis!

For the increases, the M1 I use can be seen on this video: http://www.knittinghelp.com/video/play/make-1-away-english.

You can also use the make 1 increase I have on my blog, both should give you a nice result. You can use another method of your choice as well, as long as you are comfortable with it and it does not disturb the stitches surrounding. The choice of the increase is not critical in this pattern and you can use the one you are most comfortable with.

For passing the first stitch over the last 2 sts you just knit, what you should do is knit 3 stitches, then pull the first of those 3 stitches with your left hand needle and pass it over the last 2 stitches. It will reduce the stitch count by 1 stitch, and create a the horizontal bar you can see in the pattern between the yarn over holes.

I hope this will get you started on the right foot for your mother's Christmas gift!

alexisann626030 on craftsy.com
alexisann626030  January 2, 2013 7:31 PM

To update, I got it finished in plenty of time for Christmas! Thanks! I love the new ones you just put out.

Mythica on craftsy.com
Mythica  November 12, 2012 6:38 AM

I have a question - when you've done with the decreases and your left with the 3 sts - do you cast off - or do you keep them and start picking up the sts on the side?

tricotbec on craftsy.com
tricotbec  November 13, 2012 4:50 PM

You can do both: if you prefer, you can simply let them on the needle and pick up from there. If you want to do the ruffles in another color, or your tail is not long enough to pick up all sts, you can bind them off and pick up later. Your choice!

Mythica on craftsy.com
Mythica  November 25, 2012 11:54 PM

Thank you! I left the 3 sts on the needle and it turned out beautifully!

tricotbec on craftsy.com
tricotbec  November 11, 2012 1:41 PM

Hi all!
Changes are minor and affect only the wording of the pattern. Mostly I spelled out each row because a few people who were having a lot of difficulty following the decorative pattern along the different increase and decrease sections of the scarf.

There were no number errors in the pattern and the old version works just fine, but if you had any difficulty you may want the more updated version.

Penngrove on craftsy.com
Penngrove  November 9, 2012 9:00 AM

I would like to know as well what the changes are. If it's minor, I'll just note and not print our another copy. I don't have a printer, so it's kind of a big deal for me to print off a pattern.

April1 on craftsy.com
April1  November 11, 2012 4:00 AM

I think its minor. It used to say a circular needle. Now its states straight or circular. I used straight until i came to knitting on the edge ruffle. Then i changed to a circular for the length.

Mythica on craftsy.com
Mythica  November 9, 2012 1:06 AM

I got a mail with an updated version - would be nice to know what the update is ;)

April1 on craftsy.com
April1  November 8, 2012 11:23 AM

Sorry I meant slm not sm1. slm means slip marker. Then carry on. Hope this helps.
BTW I completed this pattern and I love it. I actually posted a picture of it in Facebook.

April1 on craftsy.com
April1  November 8, 2012 11:20 AM

Hi I actually didn't use the stitch markers. They are just there as a guide to the separate parts rof the pattern. When you get to the sm1 then carry on with the chain design.

Bgrlx on craftsy.com
Bgrlx  November 2, 2012 2:03 PM

I've just completed my "Winter Berries" pattern and I love it. I'll be blocking it this weekend and will post a picture soon. Cannot wait to start another tricotbec pattern - it was easy with beautiful results.

Vrarn259067 on craftsy.com
Vrarn259067  November 1, 2012 4:24 PM

I cant download a pattern i pd for wild berries saids i need to choose a tab i do not know whst they want cd u send pattern to my email addrescomss vrarn@aol.com i pd for itit

tricotbec on craftsy.com
tricotbec  November 2, 2012 7:40 AM

Answered to you via email.

Just as a reminder, designers do not get notifications of comments left on their pattern pages, so in the future please contact me via email of my blog for a faster answer. Thanks.

Penngrove on craftsy.com
Penngrove  November 9, 2012 9:05 AM

where is your blog? I can't find the link!

Sviqueen on craftsy.com
Sviqueen  May 6, 2012 8:37 AM

well, I saw dichotomy first, and I thought: gosh, that's lovely. So I clicked onto your crafter link and saw calumet in your list of patterns - wow! And *then* it was winter berries... I think this is a smashing pattern:elegant, substantial and still very feminine. You do gorgeous work. It's going on my wishlist. Thanks.

tricotbec on craftsy.com
tricotbec  May 9, 2012 4:55 PM

Thanks!

Kath Millington on craftsy.com
Kath Millington  May 13, 2012 2:41 AM

I thought this looks great. Brilliant for winter Thanks

qiviut-queen on craftsy.com
qiviut-queen  August 17, 2012 5:59 AM

winter berries pattern.....its getting on my to-do list.....beautiful !

Winter Berries Pattern