Basic Skills Necessary:
- Stitches used in this pattern include knit, purl, knit two together, slip-slip-knit, slip one-knit two-pass slipped stitch over, yarn over, knit one through back loop, purl one through the front and back.
This shawl was created for a special shawl class at Twisted Yarns in Spring, Texas. It is knit from the top down, with the body comprised of "sun rays" shining on two leaf patterns. The edging is knit to the shawl body.
The 7-page pattern is charted and written in row-by-row instructions.
(Lace) 6 stitches/inch in stockinette stitch
(Fingering) 4 stitches/inch in stockinette stitch
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- (Lace) 67" x 27.5"
- (Fingering) 74" x 31.5"
- Lace-weight shawl sample used JaggerSpun Zephyr Wool-Silk, one ball in Mushroom. (One ball contains 630 yards).
- Fingering-weight shawl sample used Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift, 8 balls #292 Pine Forest. (One ball contains 114 yards.)
- (Lace) one size 4 (3.5mm) circular knitting needle, 24"
- (Fingering) one size 8 (5.0mm) circular Knitting needle, 32"
- Stitch markers, darning needle, scissors