Basic Skills Necessary:
This pattern includes both the Small Fry Bowtie and the Fun Ropes Headband or Cowl.
Instead of knitting I-Cord for Headband/Cowl, an I-Cord crank machine can be used.
These patterns are also included in the Bamboo Pop Kids e-book.
26 sts x 24 rows = 4" in stranded knitting using smaller ndls for bow tie
24 rows = 4" in I-Cord for headband/cowl
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- 2-4 (6-8, 10-12) years (cowl/headband)
- Circumference: 20 (22, 24)" (cowl/headband)
- 1-4 (6-8, 10-12) years (bow tie)
- Length: 4 (41/2, 5)" (bow tie)
- Neck Circumference: 9 (11, 13)" (bow tie)
- US Size 4 (3.5 mm) set of dpns or size needed to obtain gauge
- US Size 5 (3.75) straight needles
- US Size 5 (3.75 mm) 2 dpns (or I-Cord crank machine) or size needed to obtain gauge (cowl)
You Will Also Need:
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch marker
- Small sew-on snap set for bow tie
- I-Cord crank machine (optional) for cowl
200 yards of Sport weight
Universal Yarn Bamboo Pop
cowl: 101 White, 204 Happy Birdie Bowtie: 205 Brilliant Blues, 101 White
Read blog or news article about this pattern »