Basic Skills Necessary:
- cast on, knit, purl, increasing purlwise, decreasing, cabling
This hat is a very fun but challenging knit with a beautiful and sophisticated finished product. The intricate cabling will keep you on your toes so you'll not get bored.
The pattern includes a beret and slouchie version of the hat as well as both written and charted version of the instructions. Instructions for my favorite ways of blocking berets and slouchies as also included. I want your project to be a success!
18 sts x 20 rows = 4" in stockinette stitch
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Beret version - 9" in height
- Slouchie Version - 11" in height
- 238 m / 260 yards of your favorite worsted weight yarn.
- 5mm (US size 8) 16" circular needle
- 5mm (US size 8) double pointed needles
You Will Also Need:
- A stitch marker for marking the beginning of the round
- A cable needle
- A tapestry needle for sewing in ends