Basic Skills Necessary:
- requires knowledge of knitting and purling
- picking up stitches
- working cables and bobbles,
The bag is worked in one piece. It begins by knitting a rectangular base and the front of the body , then stitches are picked up from the other edge of the base and the back of the bag is worked to the top. For the sides, stitches are picked up from the left and then from the right edge of the body of bag.
13 st x 21 rows = 10x10cm/4x 4 , in stockinette stitch.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Finished size: : (laid flat) 11.9/30cm W X 11.9/30cm H, base 11.9/30cm W X4.4/11cm H, sides are 3.6/9cm W, after felting.
- Yarn: 100% wool category Worsted, Classiso El.Mouzakis 50gr (1.76 oz)/112.5 m (123 yds): 6-8 skeins purple.
- Needles: US 10.5(7mm) circular,US 10 (6mm) dpn. Adjust needle size to obtain correct gauge
You Will Also Need:
- stitch markers, tapestry needle, zipper
- a pair of leather handles
- 4 bag feet
- fabric for lining
950 yards of Worsted weight