Basic Skills Necessary:
- two color knitting
I LOVE spring. It is one of my favorite seasons! And what better way to celebrate than with a stranded colorwork hat with Spring as the inspiration. The hat features traditional colorwork in the ring of rabbits and a crown of budding leaves. Sure signs of Spring! And since spring weather is notoriously unpredictable, you'll have a cozy hat for the cooler days.
The pattern is written for two different lengths and uses charts in addition to written directions. Blocking notes are also included to help your knitting look its best!
32 sts x 34 rows = 4" in stranded colorwork
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- 7.5" in height for the shorter version
- 9" in height for the shorter version
- 19" in circumference but will stretch to accommodate a 22" head circumference
- 114 m (125 yards) - 124 m (135 yards) of fingering weight yarn in both main and contrast colors
- 3mm (US 2.5) 16" circular needle
- 3mm (US 2.5) double pointed needles
You Will Also Need:
Read blog or news article about this pattern »
- A stitch marker for marking the beginning of the round
- A tapestry needle for sewing in ends