|Women, Girls, Petite, Tall, Plus-sized|
How graceful birds are with their pretty plumage, colorful wings and unique feathers. Sometimes I wish I could join them in their aerial journey wearing my own knitted plumage.
Plumage is a reversible scarf made out of short-rows. The scarf can be as long as you wish and can be knit with any yarn gauge. Each feather can be made with a different yarn (as long as it fits the chosen gauge) or you can make your own pattern. One feather requires approximately 10 yards of yarn so this scarf is the perfect stash buster!
The pictured scarf measures 88" x 5" and is made of 55 feathers in sock weight yarn. A full 100g skein of sock yarn or two 100g skeins of worsted yarn will give a great scarf length.
- 4 feathers made with a self-striping yarn and 1 feather made with a solid yarn in a contrasting color (pictured)
- 3 feathers made with the main yarn and 1 feather made with another yarn, different each time
- The whole scarf made with a self-striping yarn except for the last feather and the top border made with a solid yarn in a contrasting color
- 5 feathers in 5 different yarns, repeated all over the scarf
- Or anything you can think of!
20 sts and 22 rows = 4" or 10 cm in garter stitch
500 yards of Fingering weight