My Mountain - Pike's Peak

from WestminsterFibers

Add your comment:

Nana2five on craftsy.com
Nana2five  July 17, 2014 9:33 PM

Haven't started my hat yet. After reading about all the problems with the pattern I'm kind of concerned there isn't a response from Craftsy. Seems to me Craftsy should correct the pattern ???

mbaird1 on craftsy.com
mbaird1  June 29, 2014 6:46 PM

does this pattern have errors in it. To cast on 44 stitches jis not enough. You can't even use the circular needles to start as instructed

Spotsmom on craftsy.com
Spotsmom  May 24, 2014 3:04 PM

I was a little annoyed that I only did a grand total of 4 short rows on the 3rd ball of yarn. If I make this again I will end it a bit smaller and only use 2 balls. Also, I think the first couple of rows should be cast on & worked in a size 12 needle. Was a real bitch to get this going.

Spotsmom on craftsy.com
Spotsmom  May 24, 2014 3:06 PM

Meant to say I would end it a bit SOONER.

susietpot3520725 on craftsy.com
susietpot3520725  May 23, 2014 8:39 AM

Received yarn only

I thought I would receive pattern also
Nothing!!!! Please contact me regarding
This

Spotsmom on craftsy.com
Spotsmom  May 24, 2014 3:03 PM

I used a 12" circular needle and it worked great all the way to the final decrease. 16" is way too long.

Spotsmom on craftsy.com
Spotsmom  May 24, 2014 3:06 PM

BTW, you get the pattern directly off the website when you buy the kit.

emtx22@comcast.net on craftsy.com
emtx22@comcast.net  May 2, 2014 9:46 PM

I just got the yarn and I printed out the instructions and I am thinking there's an error in the amount of stitches to cast on. I went out and bought the size 11 circular 16' needles and still couldn't connect the stitches. So then I decided to try it on the dpn's and as I was working on it I'm thinking that there is no way this is going to fit on anyone head. Are the directions wrong about how many stitches to cast on? I think tomorrow I'm just going to either double the amount or maybe triple the stitches to cast on. This hat is taking me more time to figure out the instructions than to knit the hat.

joannanwo3110745 on craftsy.com
joannanwo3110745  May 6, 2014 9:07 PM

I'm having the same problem with the number of stitches to cast on. Has anyone figured out what the correct number is?

emtx22@comcast.net on craftsy.com
emtx22@comcast.net  June 26, 2014 5:21 PM

I have doubled the number of the cast on stitches to 88 and the hat is working just fine. It's very hard to see the pattern in the knitting because of the color of the yarn. Also, since I doubled the amount of cast on stitches I hope I will have enough yarn to finish the hat. Someone needs to check this out!!!

crafter10407052 on craftsy.com
crafter10407052  April 27, 2014 9:34 AM

Is there some kind of an error with this pattern? I have tried 16 inch bambo needles and it is so tight the yarn won't move. Been searching for aluminium needles with no luck. I do not knit tight. I do not think this hat would even fit. Help!!

PriscillaW on craftsy.com
PriscillaW  April 27, 2014 1:22 PM

You make a good point. The pattern says it makes up a 19.5" hat so based on the gauge, that's 44 sts. But then you're trying to knit on 19.5" on a 16" needle. The next size, typically 24", would be too long. Is the pattern the problem or your needles?

Spotsmom on craftsy.com
Spotsmom  May 24, 2014 3:07 PM

Use a 12" circular needle. Works fine.

draddie on craftsy.com
draddie  December 12, 2013 8:08 AM

Had no issues downloading but suggesting at least a style of yarn that is similar would be exceptionally helpful

sewmadd1086162 on craftsy.com
sewmadd1086162  December 11, 2013 7:03 PM

I didn't have a problem downloading this pattern. Looking forward to making this cute hat. I may have a problem finding this yarn.

a.foster21225508 on craftsy.com
a.foster21225508  December 11, 2013 5:50 PM

CANNOT DOWNLOAD!!!!!!!!!

Susmac on craftsy.com
Susmac  December 11, 2013 5:23 PM

Can't down load either. Crafty Please Help!!

blancs773459 on craftsy.com
blancs773459  December 11, 2013 3:40 PM

I downloaded without a problem. I am looking forward to making this hat. I do have a suggestion though. If you would put a substitute or an exchange of yarn. Because on this island in Alaska we are limited.

saran.poo1009148 on craftsy.com
saran.poo1009148  December 11, 2013 3:17 PM

Having the same problem as other, can't download. I don't like this site at all!!

Ladyofyarn77 on craftsy.com
Ladyofyarn77  December 11, 2013 11:36 AM

I can't download it either :(

Antoinette Todd on craftsy.com
Antoinette Todd  December 11, 2013 8:42 AM

Hello How do I download this pattern ? It is a free one , so please help..

carosete1469941 on craftsy.com
carosete1469941  December 11, 2013 7:02 AM

I have several patterns in my library. I cannot figure out how to download any of the patterns. Clicking on th download pattern seems to do nothing,. Too much effort to figure this out. I won't be using this site. On other sits, one click and I have the pattern. Craftsy does not work for me.

Diane Stracka on craftsy.com
Diane Stracka  November 17, 2013 4:06 PM

I am going to enjoy this site.

lynnhiggi1001045 on craftsy.com
lynnhiggi1001045  Last response: February 12, 2014 6:38 AM

I started this hat tonight. Right away I felt there was a problem. 44 stitches will not work on a 16 in circular needle so changed to the double points. Working in the yarn given for the pattern. I have done a few rows now and there is no way this will fit my head. Something is wrong here and I can't figure out what. I'm going to have to make some adjustments somewhere. I do not knit tight.

PriscillaW on craftsy.com
PriscillaW  April 27, 2014 1:11 PM

I just ordered the pattern and yarn. Did you end up having to make changes to the pattern? CO fewer stitches?

My Mountain - Pike's Peak Pattern