Basic Skills Necessary:
- Knitting in the round with circular needles using Magic Loop Technique
- Casting on with Turkish cast on or other figure 8 cast on
- Seed stitch
- Ribbing stitch
- Wrapping and turning
- Binding off with stretchy bind-off
- Working simple cables from chart (guitar motif is charted ONLY)
- Slipping stitches
Moderato is a toe up seed stitch sock with a guitar pattern knit in cabled relief across the instep. Instructions are written to be worked on a long circular needle with the magic loop technique, but you could knit these socks with two circulars or on double pointed needles.
Because the wraps can't be seen easily in the seed stitch patterning, there is no need to pick up the wraps.
30 sts and 40 rounds = 4" / 10 cm in stockinette stitch, blocked.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- to fit foot 8 1/2 (9 1/2, 10 1/2) inches / 21.5 (24, 26.5) cm circumference
- to fit foot 9 (9 1/2, 10) inches/ 23 (24, 25.5) cm long (may be adjusted)
- 2 balls Knit Picks Stroll Tweed (65% Merino, 25% Nylon, 10% Other; 231 yards / 50 grams): Rabbit Heather OR 400 yards / 365 meters fingering weight yarn
- US 0 (2.0 mm) circular needles long enough for magic loop technique, or size needed to obtain gauge
- Yarn needle
- Stitch markers (optional)
400 yards of Worsted weight