Basic Skills Necessary:
- Techniques Used: Cable cast on, corrugated ribbing, slipstitch colorwork in four patterns, knit/purl, increasing/decreasing
- Experience Level: Intermediate. This pattern contains full written instructions, as well as charts for the slipstitch colorwork.
Slipstitch colorwork hat, recalling the dome and minaret shapes of Ottoman architecture.
Gauge: 19 st x 38 rows/4" in Lattice stitch pattern, after blocking.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Size: S (M, L): 18.5 (20, 21.5)" circumference and 8 (9, 10)" length, to fit 21 (22.5, 24)" head circumference.
- Yarn: Malabrigo Merino Worsted (100% merino wool, 210 yards); 1 skein MC, 1 skein CC. Shown in Tortuga (MC) and Applewood (CC).
You Will Also Need:
Read blog or news article about this pattern »
- Other Materials: US 8 16" circular needle/DPNs or 32" circular needles if using Magic Loop, or size to match gauge. Yarn needle. Stitch markers (1).