Basic Skills Necessary:
- Techniques Used: Cable cast on, corrugated ribbing, slipstitch colorwork in three patterns, knit/purl, increasing/decreasing, grafting.
- Experience Level: Intermediate. This pattern contains full written instructions, as well as charts for the slipstitch colorwork.
Slipstitch colorwork mittens, reminiscent of Turkish lattice.
Gauge: 28 st x 26 rows/4" in Twisted Stripe stitch pattern, after blocking.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Size: S (M, L): 6 (7, 8)" palm circumference, 8.5 (9.5, 10.5)" length, to fit 6.5 (7.5, 8.5)" hand circumference.
- Yarn: Malabrigo Merino Worsted (100% merino wool, 210 yards); 1 skein MC, 1 skein CC.
You Will Also Need:
Read blog or news article about this pattern »
- Other Materials: US 7 DPNs or 32" circular needle if using Magic Loop, or size to match gauge. Yarn needle. Stitch markers (4). Waste yarn or holder for thumb stitches.