Lacey Arches Infinity Scarf

from MadeForEwe

Add your comment:

asheepsyarn on craftsy.com
asheepsyarn  December 20, 2013 9:49 AM

Hi,
What a wonderful gift for your mother. I'm sure she will just love it....especially since you made it. =)

As for blocking, I folded the scarf in half lengthwise and pinned it out, stretching it slightly as I went. Because the yarn I used had a high acrylic content, I steamed it by holding the iron slightly above the scarf (but not touching). I did this until I saw the yarn relax. Then I let it cool/dry. Once that was done I unpinned it and laid the ends (where it was folded) out flat. These were steamed the same way. I didn't want a crease in the scarf. Hope this helps!

Happy knitting and happy holidays!

Knitlette on craftsy.com
Knitlette  January 9, 2014 2:23 PM

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it. :)

asheepsyarn on craftsy.com
asheepsyarn  January 10, 2014 8:30 AM

Glad to have helped. =)

Knitlette on craftsy.com
Knitlette  December 13, 2013 11:56 PM

I'm knitting this as a Christmas gift for my mom (thanks for the lovely pattern, btw!), and am I just about finished, but I've never blocked anything before. You noted that this responded well to steam blocking; did you use the method of placing a damp towel over the scarf and lightly 'ironing' it, or did you just steam the scarf directly? Also, would you recommend pinning it before steaming, or vice versa? Any tips on the process you followed would be hugely appreciated by a slightly anxious novice. :)

asheepsyarn on craftsy.com
asheepsyarn  November 22, 2013 9:19 AM

Worsted weight will swatch out to about 4-5 sts/inch on a US size 8 (5mm) needle. The size should be stated on the ball band. If not, then look at the gauge information given and the recommended needle size (5mm - 6mm). Hope this helps. =)

LittleNell on craftsy.com
LittleNell  November 20, 2013 2:25 PM

I have no idea what worsted weight yarn is like. Will it say on the balls whether it is worsted weight or not? Is it like double knitting?

Kiyomi Cooper on craftsy.com
Kiyomi Cooper  August 20, 2013 1:44 AM

Thank you for this pattern :) It was fun learning a new elastic cast on. The pattern is very easy; a fun knit project. I'm excited to have a new beautiful scarf for this fall.

wrightsue3025052 on craftsy.com
wrightsue3025052  February 5, 2014 6:11 PM

Am making this in ecru cashmere. Pattern is easy but looks difficult. Tried old Norwegian cast on as well. Makes a beautiful edge.

asheepsyarn on craftsy.com
asheepsyarn  February 7, 2014 8:40 AM

Sounds heavenly! Looking forward to seeing photos of your finished scarf.

Happy knitting!

StellasKnits on craftsy.com
StellasKnits  February 6, 2013 1:23 PM

This is beautiful! I had to look at the link for "Old Norwegian Cast On" to see what the heck that was. Much to my chagrin, it's the same cast on my "Old Norwegian Grandma" taught me when I learned how to knit 40+ years ago! Looking forward to making this lovely cowl - for me!

Lacey Arches Infinity Scarf Pattern