Women, Men, Girls, Boys
Basic Skills Necessary:
- knitting in the round
- stranded colorwork
- provisional cast-on
With its herringbone inspired graphics and beautiful artisan yarns, Herrington is a stylish and functional knit to add to your cooler weather accessories. The pattern offers directions for either a 3-color infinity scarf or a 2-color standard cowl. Worked in the round, it uses a provisional cast on and Kitchener stitch grafting. You can't go wrong with this fun to knit and easy to wear design.
8 sts x 6 rows = 1" / 2.5cm in chart pattern in the round, blocked
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- INFINITY SCARF MEASUREMENTS: Approx 6" / 15.25cm tall x 54" / 137cm circ
- COWL MEASUREMENTS: Approx 6" / 15.25cm tall x 27" / 69cm circ
- YARN FOR INFINITY SCARF: Bare Naked Wools Breakfast Blend Fingering [50% Merino, 40% Alpaca, 10% Nylon (Polyamide); 425 yd / 389m]. Color: Oatmeal (C1), 1 skein; color: Cocoa (C2), 1 skein; color: Espresso (C3), 1 skein. Or approx 414 yd / 379m of C1, 176 yd / 161m of C2 and 188 yd / 172m of C3 in a similar fingering weight yarn.
- YARN FOR COWL: The Plucky Knitter Bello [55% Merino, 45% Cashmere; 380 yd / 347m]. Color: In The Navy (C1), 1 skein; color: Whatta Punk! (C2), 1 skein. Or approx 279 yd / 255m of C1 and 228 yd / 208m of C2 in a similar fingering weight yarn.
You Will Also Need:
- NEEDLES: US5 / 3.75mm 16" / 40cm circular needle, or size needed to obtain gauge. Extra needle same size for grafting
- NOTIONS: Stitch marker, Tapestry needle, Waste yarn
Bare Naked Wools, Breakfast Blend Fingering OR The Plucky Knitter, Bello