Basic Skills Necessary:
- Knitting in the round, kitchener stitch
By changing colors, the possibilities are endless with this cute little hat. Size may also be changed by adding or subtracting the number of stitches cast on. Plenty of yarn will be left over as well, as less than 1/2 skein will be used of each color!
Instructions for kitchener stitch & making tassels included.
4 stitches = 1 inch in stockinette
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Size: to fit a 17 1/2" head. Size may be adjusted by increasing or decreasing number of stitches cast on (ex: hat may be made 1" larger if an additional 4 sts are added during casting on).
- US size 7 dpn & 16" circular needles (or whatever size needed to obtain the correct gauge),
- Blue Sky Alpacas Organic Cotton- less than 1/2 skein per color
You Will Also Need:
Read blog or news article about this pattern »
- darning needle, stitch marker