Glam Shells

from Maiden Brooklyn

Add your comment:

lmh613 on craftsy.com
lmh613  July 10, 2014 3:42 PM

It doesn't look like the person that came up with the pattern is going to answer any of the comments, which is very unfortunate. I have not been knitting long and I love this shawl but like just about everyone else I am having a problem with the chart. When I printed the pattern there are many stitches in the chart that came out black, I am guessing that these should be just plain white and should be knit? I have finished the body of the shawl and have w03 stitches and I out in a life line in case I need to rip out but still having a hard time getting the shells started.

amy4138039 on craftsy.com
amy4138039  June 19, 2014 6:44 PM

So pretty, makes me want to take up knitting again from Amy of http://www.Poemstogo.tv

Catknit on craftsy.com
Catknit  June 17, 2014 7:41 PM

Thank you so much for the pattern. This was my first attempt at making a lace shawl. I've made a few errors, but learned so much for all the effort./Users/mystangbos/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Masters/2014/06/16/20140616-220033/IMG_1055.JPG

Susy Kew on craftsy.com
Susy Kew  June 18, 2014 4:02 PM

Gorgeous - thank you ..

ptessenso1053741 on craftsy.com
ptessenso1053741  May 31, 2014 8:38 PM

What yarn and color is this made with?

Marielle Pinheiro on craftsy.com
Marielle Pinheiro  May 25, 2014 11:31 PM

Hi,
Beautiful pattern, but you might want to revise the stitch count for when you start the shells pattern. If, for half the shawl, it's 2 border stitches + 8 repeats + 13 additional stitches, that's

2 + 88 + 13 = 103

Double that and add 1 for the center stitch and you come up with 207, not 203 for when you start the shells. I checked and double-checked to make sure that I hadn't just skipped a couple rows, but I'm pretty sure that I haven't miscounted.

Marielle Pinheiro on craftsy.com
Marielle Pinheiro  May 25, 2014 11:51 PM

It's actually easily remedied though-- just get rid of those decreases in the non-repeat part of row 1 and it works out fine with 203 stitches. Cheers!

majpoulin on craftsy.com
majpoulin  May 4, 2014 8:52 AM

I just got this gorgeous pattern and I don't know where to get started. Can you help me understand how to read this pattern?

majpoulin on craftsy.com
majpoulin  May 7, 2014 1:04 PM

What I actually like to know is: Do you pick-up stitches along the sides of the main body for the shell part? At the end of the 203 stitches, do I bind-off as explained for the shells part? Please help me understand this pattern better.

nrleach23898976 on craftsy.com
nrleach23898976  June 8, 2014 9:08 AM

I have completed 100 rows which comes out to only to 201 stitches, what have I done wrong & how do I correct? I also don't know where or how to start the shell pattern. Do I start with row 27 & work down to row 1? Does 1st (27) row start with yarn over & how can you knit 28 rows when chart is giving 27. Perhaps I have myself very confused but have read directions over & over. Please help!!!!

majpoulin on craftsy.com
majpoulin  June 13, 2014 6:27 AM

You must have forgotten 2 YO somewhere. Did you count your stitches at the end of each right row? Check your pattern to see where you're missing holes. As for the chart, once you have your 203 stitches, you simply continue the next row with the first row of the chart. Hope this help.

DAHNSC on craftsy.com
DAHNSC  July 9, 2014 6:47 AM

NR-I had the same question. When you look at Row 1 of the shell, there are the K2 and then 14 blank spaces before you start the shell. Do you skip stitches? That does not make sense to me. Is my computer missing something that should be in that space? That same "blank" space continues, narrowing to the end of the shell pattern. I am almost to row 100 and will need to know what to do next. HELP!

Catknit on craftsy.com
Catknit  May 4, 2014 7:34 AM

This is my first time lace knitting. I love the shawl and don't want to make any mistakes. I am on row 22 and still confused on where the lace edging comes in. In reading the pattern it does not tell you how to start the lace edging so not sure if I should be doing the main body (written piece) and the shell (charted piece) at the same time. Please help me to understand so I don't get too far and have to rip it all out.

majpoulin on craftsy.com
majpoulin  May 16, 2014 6:50 AM

Hi! I realized too that the pattern is missing a few instructions. But there it goes: You start with the body part (written instructions) until you reach the 203 stitches, then simply continue with the shell chart. The result comes in when blocking the piece... I hope this helps!

nrleach23898976 on craftsy.com
nrleach23898976  May 20, 2014 3:58 PM

I'm having same problems. Don't know where or when to begin shells. I'm at row 20 and at a complete stand still. Also, this is a bridal shaw for my niece, does anyone know the finished size?

chloecat53206668 on craftsy.com
chloecat53206668  March 12, 2014 5:54 PM

I have to agree with the others here who got lost with the edge. I ended up copying the repeat into excel and adjusting the number of stitches there because the finished body didn't match up with the chart that is very confusingly presented so I dumped my adjusted chart. into excel and copied the repeat until it reflected the number if stitches I had finishing the body. The way the chart is presented poorly. The shorter longside is what attaches to the body which is upside down from the way it's presented. This is a no-brainer the designer could easily have done for us. even so, the point there the two edges of the chart come together do not continue the central single knit stitch with yo's on either side the whole way so add k1 when turning the corner as the yo's for the increase are added. It's too bad the photos don't include a good shot of the point knitted up. Charting showing what the corner should be would have been nice too. I'm figuring this is a freebie to get us to report the problems so she can fix it then charge for it. I wouldn't mind so much if she at least said so so we knew to beware if things didn't work out and it would be nice if she gave us a pattern with the bugs worked out for our trouble. As this was my first adventure in lace, while I've been forced to learn a lot quickly, it would have been nice to know that in addition to the usual challenges wrenches were a possiblility also. As my first time also at Craftsy, I'm not impressed.

lzhyer on craftsy.com
lzhyer  September 17, 2013 2:35 PM

I found I needed to knit another round of the main body to get enough stitches for the beginning of the shell pattern.
Now I am on the shell part but I don't understand how to do it. The chart either does not read like any other chart I have used or I am doing something wrong. I know each row increases, but the chart shows the same number per half. I am ending up with too many stitches before I begin the repeats. I hope I am explaining myself well enough. Please Help!!:)

Hchymoonpie on craftsy.com
Hchymoonpie  August 21, 2013 9:02 AM

I'm confused. If I start with the main body of the shawl, and knit until there are 203 stitches, where and how do I do the shells edging? I'm sure I've missed something simple, but before I get far off the track ( I'm on row 24 or the main body pattern, I need some help! thank you!

DLeja on craftsy.com
DLeja  September 6, 2013 3:44 PM

You've already knit the edging - the look is accomplished through blocking. I hope this helps!

short_stu878686 on craftsy.com
short_stu878686  June 28, 2013 1:37 PM

I am new to knitting lace. What is the garter stitch? How is it done?

Valerian Goodnight on craftsy.com
Valerian Goodnight  June 29, 2013 7:06 AM

The stitches are knitted on both sides of your work (no purl stitches on wrong side rows)

gina garcia on craftsy.com
gina garcia  June 22, 2013 1:15 AM

Me encantara hacer este proyect esta hermoso

Ree on craftsy.com
Ree  June 8, 2013 2:04 PM

When I try to download this, I get a message saying this file may harm my computer. Is this file safe?

sherryell1393647 on craftsy.com
sherryell1393647  April 14, 2013 3:53 PM

This is gorgeous!!

summerrai1320033 on craftsy.com
summerrai1320033  March 23, 2013 10:53 PM

please let me know how to print the pattern. Thank you!

Tilde on craftsy.com
Tilde  September 16, 2012 3:11 PM

what does cs stand for on line 7??

sadsack_31013754 on craftsy.com
sadsack_31013754  November 5, 2012 1:14 PM

Cs is the centre stitch :)

iamchristine on craftsy.com
iamchristine  November 23, 2012 10:58 PM

I didn't know that either; thank you Tilde for asking and sadsack for answering. It's always something obvious.

fatimahawat on craftsy.com
fatimahawat  February 7, 2013 4:05 PM

I need help with the border, it my first lace project, I don't quite understand how to start it. The chart just confused me, how many stitched to cast on? Do I pick up the stitch ? If not , am I to seam the pieces together after I've knit everything?
PLEASE HELP

serah.basnet on craftsy.com
serah.basnet  October 14, 2012 6:21 AM

I love this pattern. Thank you so much for sharing it.

AnnaHagbyn on craftsy.com
AnnaHagbyn  October 2, 2012 9:41 AM

On row 25 are shown decreases, at total of 22 with a total loss of 44 stitches. But I can't see how that is possible to make. Please tell me how to read the chart on row 25!

fatimahawat on craftsy.com
fatimahawat  March 2, 2013 4:25 AM

Just wondering if you ever got an answer to your question? I happen to be stuck on row 25, there doesn't seem to be enough stitches to do the second decrease at the beginning , and I've counted everything a hundred times, I know I have the right amount of stitches, maybe I'm doing the CDD wrong ,
Please help.

jctcot259772 on craftsy.com
jctcot259772  October 1, 2012 8:10 PM

I am having trouble downloading this pattern. Can someone tell me how to download it?

duranee on craftsy.com
duranee  April 9, 2012 4:41 PM

This is a really lovely piece. It's perfect for summer here in the deep South. Thank you so much for sharing.

katiedid659 on craftsy.com
katiedid659  April 23, 2012 6:57 AM

I'm working on this project and I need help with the chart.

Hchymoonpie on craftsy.com
Hchymoonpie  August 21, 2013 1:46 PM

me too! did you ever get any?

Lyndz120 on craftsy.com
Lyndz120  August 21, 2012 4:59 PM

I am having trouble with the chart. I assume that the even row are k2 p to end k2 like the rest of the piece but I am confused as to how to read the chart. How does the repeat work? Also there is one pink stripe at the left edge but shouldn't it be two knit stitches? It's such a pretty pattern, I'd love to finish it.

psb34psb on craftsy.com
psb34psb  August 26, 2012 11:04 AM

did you get help? I might be able to help you if not ... let me know. Pam
psb34psb@msn,com

suzannemicheau on craftsy.com
suzannemicheau  September 12, 2012 8:19 AM

I am to the shells part of the pattern. Is it assumed that even rows will be purled? Or knitted? Normally i would just try it one way and rip if it wasn't right, but with this complicated lace i do not want to mess up previous rows.

Hchymoonpie on craftsy.com
Hchymoonpie  August 21, 2013 9:06 AM

I need some help, too. I'm doing the main body of the shawl, but how and where does the shell pattern come in? It looks like it will be "attached to the main body, but somehow I don't think that is right. I'd hate to get all the way to 203 stitches on the needle and then have to rip it all out. I'm usually so visual. But I can't get in my mind how the shells pattern lines up with the main body. Ugh!

Catknit on craftsy.com
Catknit  May 4, 2014 7:32 AM

Did you ever get a response? This is my first lace knit project and I don't want to mess this up. I think the shawl is gorgeous but don't want to get the main body finished and then not know how to finish or find out that you need to do the main body and the lace (charted) piece at the same time. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

suzannemicheau on craftsy.com
suzannemicheau  May 9, 2014 9:19 AM

No, and it turned out way small, even after blocking

HollieR on craftsy.com
HollieR  July 7, 2014 4:03 PM

Im not understanding the chart either..does not make any sense..and Im good with patterns...HELP!!!

Glam Shells Pattern