Basic Skills Necessary:
- Knit, purl, increase, decrease, Crochet (optional for trimmings)
This is a very versatile pattern that can be made into any size beanie desired - adult or child. It is knitted sideways.
The beanie can be pulled down well over the ears.
It is quick and easy to knit and great for gifts.
Any money raised from sales of the pattern will be donated to the local animal welfare centre.
10 rows = 1 inch or 2.5 cm.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Adult (brim down to pull over ears) - 29 cm, 11.5 inches
- Adult (brim rolled up) - 22 cm, 8 inches
- Adult circumference 60 cm, 23.5 inches
- Child (brim down) - 23 cm, 9 inches
- Child (brim rolled up) - 20 cm, 8 inches
- Child circumference - 47 cm, 18.5 inches
- 8 ply or double knitting yarn - less than 50gm
- Contrast yarn for trimmings (optional)
You Will Also Need:
- Needles no 8 (4mm, US 6)
- Embroidery needle for sewing up