Basic Skills Necessary:
- work in the round
Capture a little bit of the magic of snowflakes with this hat and cowl set. Simple knit/purl snowflake motifs adorn your knitting, and sequined mohair adds even more snowflake bling, as well. Quick to knit, wintery, and very fun.
18 stitches = 4"/10 cm in stockinette stitch, with both yarns held together, after blocking.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Hat: Adult size, with notes for customization. Circumference: 19"/48 cm. Height: 7.5"/19 cm. Measured after blocking.
- Cowl: Single loop [double loop], with notes for customization. Circumference: 21"/53 cm [52"/132 cm]. Height: 8.5"/22 cm. Measured after blocking.
- Yarn - Hat: 120 yards/110 meters. Cowl: 135 yards/123 meters [350 yards/320 meters] worsted-weight yarn AND the same amount of a sequined or sparkled mohair.
- Yarn - Cowl: 135 yards/123 meters [350 yards/320 meters] worsted-weight yarn. AND both Hat and Cowl: the same amount of a sequined or sparkled mohair.
- Needles - Hat: US #8/ 5 mm (or size to get gauge) for knitting in the round (either two circulars, or one long circular for magic loop, or 16"/40 cm circular and double points for crown), AND needles one size smaller for ribbed brim.
- Needles - Cowl: US #8/ 5 mm (or size to get gauge) 16"/40 cm [40"/100 cm or 47"/120 cm] circular needle.
You Will Also Need:
- Darning needle
- Stitch markers
120 yards of Worsted weight
Shown in Lang Merino + (100% superwash merino; 98 yards/90 meters per 1.75 ounce/50 gram ball) and Schulana Kid Paillettes (42% kid mohair, 40% polyester, 18% silk; 137 yards/125 meters per 0.9 ounce/25 gram ball).
Shown in Lang Merino + colorways 223 (grey) and 234 (blue) and Schulana Kid Paillettes colorways 320 (grey) and 370 (blue).