Basic Skills Necessary:
- knit intarsia
- make bobbles
- form piping
- assemble pieces
This is an excellent small project to practice intarsia and felting techniques. Knit on straight needles in 5 piecesfront, back, 2 gussets, and bottom. There are so many different color combinations to pick from.
The pattern is clearly written with schematics for each section.
approximately 14 stitches and 18 rows = 4" After Felting:
approximately 22 stitches and 31 rows = 4"
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Before Felting: approximately 15" (38cm) wide x 20" (51cm) high x 7" (18cm) deep
- After Felting: approximately 9.5" (24cm) wide x 11.5" (29.5cm) high x 4" (10cm) deep
- Brown Sheep Company - Lambs Pride Worsted
- 190 yards each skein
- 3 skeins Color A
- 2 skeins Color B
- Size 11 straight needles or size needles to obtain the correct gauge
- One thin (size 6 or smaller straight needle)
You Will Also Need:
Read blog or news article about this pattern »
- gauge ruler
- tapestry needle
- 2 purse handles - desired length
- 1 yard fabric for lining - optional