Basic Skills Necessary:
- Knitting and purling in the round
- Connecting a hem (instructions included in pattern)
A slightly slouched beanie hat worked in the round.
The brim is a folded hem with purl bump.
A purled pattern creates the zig zagging line throughout.
The crown decreases in a crossed section.
Chicane is named after the zig zagging pattern.
22 sts / 30 rows = 4 inches in stocking stitch
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Will fit Adult head from 22 - 25 inches
- 2 x 50g/115 yards/105 meters DROPS Merino Extra Fine DK / 8ply in blue. Approximately 75 g needed for pattern
- 1 Size 4mm (16 in) circular needle
- 1 Set of size 4mm DPN's
You Will Also Need:
- 1 yarn needle
- 1 stitch marker
190 yards of DK weight
DROPS Merino Extra Fine DK / 8ply
Read blog or news article about this pattern »