Basic Skills Necessary:
- Knit, purl, k2tog
- Use double point needles
Matching hat and fingerless mitts in a simple stranded color-work pattern. The mitts are worked with an afterthought thumb to keep the color-work pattern on the palm simple. The hat is worked with the yarn doubled for a little extra warmth and the added bonus of knitting up quickly.
Hat - 19 sts = 4" in color-work pattern on larger needles, with yarn doubled.
Mitts - 8 sts = 1' in color-work pattern on larger needles.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Hat - 18.5" circumference.
- Mitts - 8" circumference.
- DK weight yarn - Main Color - 360 yards. Contrast Color - 180 yards.
- Hat - US Size #7 & #8 double point needles (or size needed to obtain gauge).
- Mitts - US Size #1 & #2 double point needles (or size needed to obtain gauge).
You Will Also Need:
- Stitch Markers
- Stitch holder / Waste yarn
- Tapestry needle