Cable Bag

from Knitca.com

Add your comment:

vivcrest on craftsy.com
vivcrest  August 5, 2014 11:56 AM

Thank you for such a lovely design. I've never made a purse but this one sure makes me think about it. I hope I can do justice to your pattern. Viv

Knitca on craftsy.com
Knitca  August 6, 2014 1:23 PM

Thank you for choosing my pattern for your first purse-knitting project. I hope you enjoy it :-)

delilah on craftsy.com
delilah  July 16, 2014 10:55 AM

I would rather have a written pattern I find the chart confusing. I would love to make this bag but I don't think I can follow the chart.

Knitca on craftsy.com
Knitca  July 18, 2014 10:46 AM

Sorry, but a complicated pattern like this will take a long time to write down. Besides the description will be long and confusing. Chart gives a much better visual presentation of this pattern. Give it a try.

vivcrest on craftsy.com
vivcrest  August 5, 2014 11:56 AM

I absolutely love charts!

joyceschwab on craftsy.com
joyceschwab  July 15, 2014 10:23 PM

this is beautiful and I started right away.....but I can't read charts very well at all. when you read left to right, do you also read the chart key left to right? I'm confused and would like the pattern written out as well.

Knitca on craftsy.com
Knitca  July 18, 2014 10:43 AM

The chart shows only right side rows. On the wrong side you need to work stitches as they appear (knit the sts that look like knit, and purl those sts that look like purl). Read the chart from right to left, always start from the place where the number of the row is written. Each square on the chart means a stitch, symbols show you what kind of stitch it is. Happy knitting!

janettama2444280 on craftsy.com
janettama2444280  July 15, 2014 5:16 PM

I don't know how to down load so I can knit the pattern please help many thnx

Knitca on craftsy.com
Knitca  July 18, 2014 10:39 AM

If you can't find the download link on Craftsy, you can get the pattern from our website at http://www.knitca.com/patterns/cable_bag

Meg4Christ on craftsy.com
Meg4Christ  July 20, 2013 2:32 PM

Hello,

The ladies at my church are making bags to sell to support the effort of a family in Alberta, Canada, who is fostering native children who have been removed from their homes on the reserve due to abuse & neglect, and many of these children are dealing with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome as well.

Would you grant us permission to sell bags made from your Cable Bag pattern to support this cause? All money earned will go to this family. Thank you very much for your consideration!

Please respond to me at megcwheeler (at) hotmail (dot) com. Thank you.

Grace and peace in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ,
Meg Wheeler

sunofa_42625600 on craftsy.com
sunofa_42625600  July 17, 2013 2:20 PM

READ the "blog" OR article on this...THAT'S where the pattern is

KC Knight on craftsy.com
KC Knight  January 17, 2014 11:23 AM

Really? I just added it to my cart and checked it out. Wasn't charged. It's in my library.

Deborah Shelly on craftsy.com
Deborah Shelly  July 17, 2013 2:05 PM

Looks beautiful, I love cable stitch projects!

Eileen Deleskey on craftsy.com
Eileen Deleskey  July 17, 2013 1:32 PM

want to order yarn for this project cable bag

Knitca on craftsy.com
Knitca  July 18, 2013 1:59 PM

The yarn is available at http://www.knitca.com/catalog/11 There are 32 colors to choose from :-)

ann.woods1455185 on craftsy.com
ann.woods1455185  May 23, 2013 8:18 AM

This looks a really good bag, I hope to make this in the future.

Annspeedy1359873 on craftsy.com