Basic Skills Necessary:
- knit, purl, increase, and decrease. Icord for bulky version.
Easy shaping shows off handspun and creates the butterfly-like shape with points. Two different versions take from 50 to 200 yards of super bulky or bulky weight yarn. Perfect for art and novelty yarns, coil handspun yarns, and other handspun yarns.
Pattern pdf preview here: http://midnightskyfibers.com/butterfly-shrug/
Super Bulky: 2 stitches/inch
Bulky: 3.5 stitches/inch
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Super Bulky: 25 inches wide, 8 inches long
- Bulky: 33 inches wide, 12 inches long
- Super Bulky (white): -50 yards super bulky weight handspun (2- 4 wraps per inch) -Size 15/10mm circular needle
- Bulky (indigo blue): -200 yards bulky weight handspun (4-6 wraps per inch) -Size 10/6mm circular needle and double pointed needles (optional, for icord)
You Will Also Need:
- All versions: Tapestry needle
200 yards of Bulky weight
Read blog or news article about this pattern »