Basic Skills Necessary:
- Knit and purl stitches
- Knitting in the round
- Basic lace work
- Decreasing techniques
- Increasing techniques
A large brimmed sun hat worked in the round.
The brim has a folded hem to hold the wire in place.
It has a pretty lace pattern followed by a simple decreasing stocking stitch section which is broken up by purl ridges.
The crown ends in purl rows.
Aesta is the Roman Goddess of Summer. Unfortunately she is naked except for some wheat in her hair. I think she needs a sun hat!
20 sts / 28 rows = 4 inches in stocking stitch.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Will fit adult head from 22 - 25 inches
- 2 x 50g/123 yards/112 meters Mirasol Lachiwa 1406 Bright Yellow
- 1 Size 4mm (16 in) circular needle
- 1 Set of size 4mm DPN's
- approximately 44 inches of garden wire (or something similar)
You Will Also Need:
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch markers as necessary
- row counter (optional)
170 yards of DK weight
1406 Bright Yellow
Read blog or news article about this pattern »