Basic Skills Necessary:
- knit, purl, pick up stitches, single crochet.
I was inspired by the bonnet worn in the BBC version of Bleak House by the character Charley. I like the ruching on her bonnet and how neat and pretty it was without being gawdy.
10.5 stitches and 24 rows in pattern (4")
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick 1 skein Black
- Size 13 (9 mm) knitting needles
- Size M ( 9 mm) crochet hook
- Sewing needle & thread.
You Will Also Need:
- 1 spool 7/8 " black velvet ribbon
- Size 1 1/8" (28 mm) dill-buttons style #1923 (gold, 1 in package)
- Size 7/8" (23 mm) dill-buttons style #1922 (gold, 2 in package)
106 yards of Bulky weight
Lion Brand Woolease Thick and Quick