Basic Skills Necessary:
- working in the Round on DPNs and circular needle
- m1 - make 1 st, explained below
- k2tog - knit 2 sts together
- RT and LT - Right Twist and Left Twist, explained below
Here's a stylish upgrade to the usual cute baby cap (and sized up to Adult as well!). This newsboy inspired hat features a slightly fuller shape and alluring little brim. Worn slightly askew, it gives the wearer that little bit of extra look of mischief!
ALL of the sizes only require one ball of Knit Picks Gloss HW yarn! And this cute cap is entirely seamless, making it a very quick knitting project.
Garter stitch background provides a nice contrast to the mock cable panels, created with twisted stitches. Ribbed bottom band ensures a great fit.
A fabulous unisex look, sized for babies, toddlers, children, and adults.
14sts=4" [10cm] and approx 28rnds=4"[10cm] in Garter St on size 9 [5.5mm] needles.
PLEASE TAKE TIME TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- FINISHED HAT CIRCUMFERENCE: Approx 14 (16, 18, 20)" [35.5 (40.5, 45.5, 51) cm] unstretched at ribbed bottom. Approx 6 1/2 (6 1/2, 7 1/4, 7 3/4)" [16.5 (16.5, 18.5, 19.5) cm] total height, measured from base of ribbing. TO FIT SIZES: baby (toddler, child, adult) or Head Circumference 14-15 (16-17, 18-19, 20-21)" [35.5-38 (40.5-43, 45.5-48.5, 51-53.5) cm].
- A heavy weight yarn in a soft wool/acrylic blend: Approximate total yardage required: 115 (130, 150, 164) yds [105 (119, 137, 150) m].
You Will Also Need:
- Size 9 [5.5 mm] set of double-pointed needles (DPNs) OR SIZE TO OBTAIN GAUGE
- Size 9 [5.5 mm] 16" or shorter circular needle OR SIZE TO OBTAIN GAUGE [OPTIONAL; you can just use DPNs throughout if you prefer]
- Stitch markers
- Yarn tapestry needle
164 yards of Chunky weight
Knit Picks Gloss HW (70% Merino Wool/30% Silk); 3.5 oz/100 g [164 yds/150 m] per hank)
1 ball in Admiral #24740