Basic Skills Necessary:
- working in the Round with DPNs and circular needles
- m1 - make 1 st, explained below
- k2tog - knit 2 sts together
- p2tog - purl 2 sts together
- C4B - cable 4 back, explained below
- C6B - cable 6 back, explained below
- C6F - cable 6 front, explained below
Slouchy hats are all the rage! Here is my version with big, bold cables.
This hat is a super quick knit on DPNs and circular needles. Big, dramatic cables make for a striking and comfy hat. Chunky ribbed brim can be folded up or left as is for maximum slouchiness.
The top of the hat has decreases that create a cool, decorative flower effect. Your hat will look great as you are coming and going!
Widest part of 12-st Wide Cable Panel = 2 1/2" [6.5 cm] and approx 16 rnds = 3" [7.5 cm] on size 10 1/2 [6.5 mm] needles.
PLEASE TAKE TIME TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- FINISHED HAT CIRCUMFERENCE: Approx 16 1/2" [42 cm] unstretched at brim; stretches to 24" [61 cm]. Approx 10 1/2" [26.5 cm] total height. One size fits most adults.
- A bulky weight yarn in a soft wool/acrylic blend: Approximate total yardage required: 274 yds [250 m].
You Will Also Need:
- Cable needle (cn)
- One st marker
- Yarn tapestry needle
- 1 set of 4 or 5 double-pointed needles (DPNs) in Size 10 1/2 [6.5 mm] OR SIZE TO OBTAIN GAUGE; (Optional; you can just use DPNs if you prefer) 1 ― 24" circular needle in Size 10 1/2 [6.5mm] OR SIZE TO OBTAIN GAUGE
274 yards of Bulky weight
Knit Picks Swish Bulky (100% Superwash Merino Wool); 3.5 oz/100 g [137 yds/125 m] per hank): 2 hanks