Have you made this pattern?
Share with the Craftsy community.
Framed Cabochon Pendant Tutorial
Basic Skills Necessary:
- Make swirls
- Measure wire
- Deduce some measurements yourself depending on your cab size
- Work with small components
- Add a chain and make a clasp
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Finished size depends on the cabochon you choose to use
- 18g round dead soft wire
- 22g round dead soft wire
- 28g round wire
- Cabochon - a 32w x 58h x 3d mm tear drop shaped gemstone is used here, but you could use any type of cabochon in any shape you wish as long as it's fairly flat with a round or flat bottom.
- Optional extras for frame embellishment: -twisted, square or round 22g wire -extra 28g wire
- Flush cutter, Round nose pliers, Bent nose pliers, Flat nose pliers
- Anvil Chasing hammer Nylon jaw pliers
- Fine sand paper or fine steel wool Marker pen Ruler
- Approx 1cm thick strip of paper