Basic Skills Necessary:
- I marked this tutorial package as intermediate, however it begins with my Back to the Beginning bracelet which was written for the absolute beginner - so technically you don't need prior wire experience.
Round and Round - Earrings - Bracelets - and Rings Oh My - Tutorial Discount Package - 30% Savings
I've worked a long time to be able to offer this discount package - With my newly listed - Back to the Beginning - Beginner Bracelet - these 4 related tutorials have come full circle :)) Pun intended.
It started with my very popular Swarovski Crystal Bracelet which I streamlined and simplified for brand new wire workers. (Oddly enough though, Back to the Beginning was the last of the 4 to be finished.) Next came my Crystal Hoop Earrings aka "Honey, I Shrunk the Bracelets". From these, my favorite design, the Marcella Crystal Ring was born. To tie them all together, and come full circle, I wrote Back to the Beginning.
All 4 very detailed tutorials for one low price - save 30% if purchased separately.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- All projects can be made to any desired size.
- Back to the Beginning - 18 to 20 inches (45.7 to 50.8 cm) 18ga square 1/2 hard wire (can be dead soft) 10 inches (25.4 cm) 22 or 24ga round wire - 1/2 hard or dead soft. 12 to 24 inches (30.5 to 60.10 cm) 20ga 1/2 round, 1/2 hard wire. 10 to 12 4mm square crystals or beads 27 to 30 4mm round crystals or beads Optional: 2 4-6mm jump rings, and about 1 1/2 inches (3.8cm) of petite chain;Flush cutters; Flat nose pliers; Chain nose pliers; Round nose pliers, polishing cloth. Ruler; Clamp; Sharpie marker (permanent); wooden bracelet mandrel or large dowel. Optional: Stepped round nose or bail pliers.
- Crystal Hoops Earrings - 12 inches (30.5cm) 22ga square wire 9 inches (22.9cm) 20ga round wire 18 inches (45.7cm) 20 or 22ga 1/2 round wire **all wire should be 1/2 hard 18 to 22 4mm crystal cubes, rounds, or bicones or 4mm plain round beads in colors of your choice. If you choose to make bigger or smaller hoops, you will need to adjust your wire sizes and lengths accordingly.Ruler, permanent marker(Sharpie), flush cutters, narrow flat nose pliers, chain nose pliers, round nose pliers, 1/2 to 3/4 inch wooden dowel, wire rounder or file.
- Swarovski Crystal Bracelet - Materials suggested to create a basic 7 -7 1/2 " bracelet: I prefer GF wire, but you're welcome to use sterling or even copper - 1/2 hard or dead soft. Q=the best to use? A=Use what you have. 48" 20g square wire 9" 22g wire (square or round) 32" 16-20g 1/2 round wire (I prefer the heavier gauges in 1/2 round wire, and 1/2 hard for this project - it forms crisper wraps) Minimum 12 6mm cube crystals Optional : 2, 4mm Bali spacers per crystal, if you don't use spacers, you will need to increase the number of crystals needed, by 2 or 3; 1 extra cube as a 'little helper'. Tools needed: Ruler ; Masking or quilters tape Sharpie marker; Cleaning cloth Flat nose pliers; Chain nose pliers Round nose pliers (preferably stepped) Flush wire cutters; Round or oval mandrel or wooden dowel for shaping the setting.
- Marcella Crystal Ring 1 - 6 to 9 inches (15.2 to 22.9cm) 22ga. square wire 1/2 hard 6 inches (15.2cm) 24ga. round wire dead soft, you can substitute 22 or 26ga round wire 12-15 inches (30.5 to 38.1cm) 20ga half-round wire, 1/2 hard 6 4mm bicone crystals 2 3mm smooth round beads 5-12 2mm smooth round beads (depending on ring size) And of course, 1 preset Swarovski Crystal in a 4-hole setting, also known as a "sew-on".Ruler with mm, cleaning cloth, permanent marker(Sharpie) Flush cutters, flat-nose pliers, chain-nose pliers Ring mandrel, or even just a wooden dowel for shaping. Optional: round-nose pliers