from Alina's Designs
PDF Digital Download
Have you made this pattern?
Share with the Craftsy community.
This Lesson is about learning the basics of creating jewelry with wire, using the versatile Herringbone Weave Technique; therefore, this tutorial is a "Must Have" for every Beginner Student!
You will learn:
- The Herringbone Weave Technique
- How to transform a herringbone weave framing your beads into lovely, innovative, gorgeous looking little "cages" showcasing your beads also how to link beads together in order to make earrings, bracelets and necklaces.
- How to straighten your wires before using them
- How to make your own eye pins (headpins with a loop at one end)
- How to open and close a jump ring properly so that to preserve its perfectly round shape
- How to attach a "caged" bead to an ear wire
- How to attach a clasp and an extender chain to a bracelet (it works just the same for necklaces)
- How to size your bracelets
However, as you will see in the materials list, the designs being rather versatile, one may opt to replace the materials and/or colors I used for these designs with those fitting best to one's taste. Once you have learned the Herringbone Weave Technique, it just rests with your imagination to make these designs your own.
As for the wires, again you have a wide range of options to choose from silver, silvery, golden, bronze to copper, the only thing you have to stick to being the given wire's lengths and gauges.
The jewelry designs that you see pictured here, will be used to demonstrate the practical applications of the technique. You will be guided from A to Z throughout entire process of modeling these designs, as full instructions on how to create each of them are given.
The tutorial is jam-packed with information, tips, advices on "how to", troubleshooting and even a Bracelet Size Guide, all these supported by 93 clear, full color pictures (mainly close-ups) with relevant, detailed instructions given right beside them, spread along 7 main steps, within 30 pages. I would suggest reading it on the computer and then pick out the pages that you want to print to have at hand while following along.
I am always available to answer any questions about the tutorial.
Please carefully read all tutorial pages before starting to make your own beautiful jewelries!!!
The dimensions given in Imperial System are approximate!!!
I hope you will enjoy the lesson.