Basic Skills Necessary:
- This small project is a great way to try wool applique and learn a few basics.
Everyone's sewing kit should include a pretty place to store needles and pins! Makes a great gift for your sewing friends, too!
Four different designs included: Heart, Star, Spool, & Tomato.
Fully illustrated instructions of all the stitches you'll use, plus easy assembly directions.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Felted wool, two pieces, 4" x 8" (covers)
- Wool scraps, assorted colors (appliques)
- Cotton batting, 3-1/4" x 7", 2 pcs. (pages)
- Satin or grosgrain ribbon, 3/4 yard, ?" - 1/2" wide (tie)
- Six-strand embroidery floss, colors to match or contrast with appliques
You Will Also Need:
- Paper-backed fusible web
- Freezer paper
- Embroidery needles, needle threader
- Basting glue or fabric glue stick (optional)
- Small applique pins