Wicked - The Musical - Counted Cross Stitch Pattern (X-Stitch PDF)
Thanks for visiting my store! This cross-stitch pattern was personally and lovingly designed by me!
This listing includes two patterns: one with 1/4 & 3/4 stitches, and one without. Both patterns are easy to stitch and will look great once completed. The 'specialty' version has the 1/4 and 3/4 stitches to smooth out the edges as well as add definition to the facial features and text. The non-'specialty' version also looks great; I realize that many folks don't like messing with 1/4 and 3/4 stitches. The choice is yours. There is a picture of both versions of the pattern in the images above.
You should consider what color fabric you will use before starting. If you stitch the whole rectangle, you could use any color fabric. Keep in mind that if you use a non-white fabric, Glinda will look less bright white, and if you use light fabric, Elphaba will look less dark. You could also use green fabric and avoid stitching the background, but you should probably still stitch Elphaba's face. You could use black fabric, leaving most of Elphaba un-stitched and appearing only in the negative space, but you would probably still stitch the facial features. Any of these will work, but you should think about it before diving in.
Digital and "Instant Download" items are NOT eligible for returns, refunds, or exchanges due to the nature of digital media. Please read the item description carefully before purchasing one of my patterns.
(c) 2014. All of my patterns are copyrighted. You may stitch them yourself and give the finished products as a gift, but please do not share, distribute, or re-sell the pattern.
* Difficulty Level:
-Regular Version: Easy. Appropriate for someone's second or third project.
-Specialty Version: Easy. Does include specialty stitches and back-stitch, but not complicated.
* Back-stitch?: Yes, but just a little. (3 eyelashes, Elphaba's nostrils, and optional text at the bottom. It's nothing to be afraid of.)
* Half Stitches or Other Specialty Stitches?:
-Regular Version: No.
-Specialty Version: Yes.
* Number of DMC Colors: 6
* Total Number of DMC Skeins Needed: 7
* Pattern pages should be printed on 8 1/2 x 11 paper.
* Included Files: Regular-Version color pattern, Regular-Version color large-print pattern, Specialty-Version color pattern, Specialty-Version color large-print pattern. (Large print patterns will use up more printer paper and ink, so they are only recommended for people with poor eyesight or who typically wear reading glasses.)
* De-speckling (Confetti) and Minimization of Threads: When I am creating my cross-stitch patterns, I try to group stitches of a particular color together so it's easier to stitch. I know it's annoying to start a new thread just to stitch one speck and then weave back in. As much as possible, I've tried to avoid this. I also try to minimize the number of thread colors required, without sacrificing detail. (Beware of sellers who don't tell you ahead of time how many colors are required to complete a pattern!)
* This Listing Includes: A PDF computer file containing the pattern. The pattern will include a color image of the completed project, the pattern itself, and a legend which lists the colors and lengths of the DMC embroidery floss you will need to purchase.
* This Listing Does Not Include: Instructions on how to cross-stitch, embroidery floss, cross-stitch fabric or Aida cloth, cross-stitch needles, or a physical print-out of the pattern. This is not a kit or finished piece. Nothing will be mailed. If you have trouble printing the PDF (extremely rare), I cannot troubleshoot your computer, printer, or software. Remember that most office stores offer inexpensive quality printing services in color as well as black and white.
Hornswoggle is the name of my online cross-stitch pattern store. You can find me on Craftsy (preferred!), Etsy, and Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hornswoggle-Store/1398245240431580).View all patterns by designer (165) »