Basic Skills Necessary:
- Magic ring
- Crochet in rounds
- Single crochet
- Slip stitch
- Crochet around the wire
- Basic sewing
**About this pattern**
We use USA terminology in this pattern (don't worry if you use UK terms, all the differences are explained in the pattern).
This pattern easy to follow with step-by-step instructions (with detailed instructions, tips, photos illustrating the process)
**This pattern is for personal use ONLY.**
This pattern is protected under Creative Commons Attribution - Non Commercial - No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. This pattern may not be copied, shared, or sold in any manner. Any finished items made using this pattern may not be sold for profit without permission from the designer. Make as many as you like, but please just keep them for yourself or give them away. Thank you!
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Finished size approx. 35 cm high, wing spread - 40 cm.
- Yarn: 1 skein of grey fuzzy yarn - weight DK / 8 ply (11 wpi), 175 g per 100 g skein for main parts. I used Nazar-rus 'Swan's Down' (100% polyamide), 170 m per 100 g - 1 skein.
- Some Sport / 5 ply (12 wpi) yarn, 174 yards (159 meters) per 50 gr skein. Split in 2 threads. I used - Yarn Art JEANS (55% cotton, 45% acrylic) 160 m per 50 g skein.
- Light pink - 1/3 of a skein (for muzzle, legs, eyelids, ears).
- White - oddments for eyes
- Black - oddments for the hat
- Steel hook - 1 mm (US 12, UK 6 1/2) for plain yarn and 1.5 mm (US 8, UK 4 1/2) - for fluffy. Please note that you should use much thinner hook than stated at the yarn label.
- Stuffing: hollofiber or padding polyester.
- Copper electrical wire covered with plastic for the frame - approx. 200 cm; diameter 3 mm with plastic cover (you have to be able to bend it with hands, but it shall keep the shape). Note! Amount may wary depends of your yarn.
- 2 black beads for eyes (in my case - they are of different diameter 3 and 6 mm)
- Light pink felt 1 mm thick, 1 sheet 20 x 30 cm. You may use leather or shammy-leather instead of felt.
- Matching sewing thread for sewing small parts
- Sewing needle
- 2 sewing pins
- Wooden stick to stuff "hard-to-get-to" places
- Adhesive plaster tape with fabric base 1-1.5 cm wide to work up the wire cuts (the one you use to cover wounds)
- Additionally for the hat you'll need some green satin ribbon 1.2 cm width, little goldish buckle approx. 1.8-2 cm and silicone elastic.
250 yards of DK weight