Basic Skills Necessary:
- Magic ring
- Crochet in rounds
- Single crochet
- Slip stitch
- Crochet around the wire
- Basic sewing
NOTE: Consumption of the wire depends on the yarn weight and the gauge. If you use different yarn, the toy will be bigger or smaller and you will need more or less yarn and wire than stated in the pattern.
About this pattern
We use USA terminology in this pattern (don't worry if you use UK terms, all the differences are explained in the pattern).
This pattern is easy to follow with step-by-step instructions (11 pages with detailed instructions, tips, photos illustrating the process)
Copyright notes: (c)2013 Little Owl's Hut.
This pattern is for personal use.
This pattern is protected by under Creative Commons Attribution - Non Commercial - No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. You also may not use this pattern or the product produced from this pattern for retail or commercial purpose. Thank you!
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Finished size approx. 35 cm (14 inches) high.
- Good quality thin woolen yarn. Weight - Lace / 2 ply
- Yardage - 874 yards (800 meters) per 100 grams (3.53 ounces))
- 20 g for the dress - black, grey or any other color yarn or the same color as used for the skin.
- Steel hook 0.85-1 mm (UK steel 7 or 6 1/2) (US steel 13 or 12). Please note that you should use much smaller hook than stated at the yarn label.
- Stuffing: hollofiber or padding polyester
- 2 types of wire for the frame:
- Thin wire for hands 0.75 - 1 mm thin - about 25 cm (10 inches).
- Heavy wire for stick-stand 1.5 - 2 mm thin - about 60 cm (24 inches). You
- Some red silk or woolen (or other) embroidery threads for lips (optional).
- Some downy yarn with thin base for boa (optional).
- Sewing thread of matching colors for tightening or you may use dental floss.
- Sewing needle for tightening.
- 5 g of white or beige (for the skin) Yarn type Yardage - 874 yards (800 meters) per 100 grams (3.53 ounces))
450 yards of Lace weight