Basic Skills Necessary:
- Magic ring
- Crochet in rounds
- Single crochet
- Slip stitch
- Crochet around the wire
- 2 black beads for the pupils (3-5 mm)
About this pattern
We use USA terminology in this pattern (don't worry if you use UK terms, all the differences are explained in the pattern).
This pattern easy to follow with step-by-step instructions (16 pages with detailed instructions, tips, photos illustrating the process)
This pattern is for personal use ONLY.
This pattern is protected under Creative Commons Attribution - Non Commercial - No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. This pattern may not be copied, shared, or sold in any manner. Any finished items made using this pattern may not be sold for profit without permission from the designer. Make as many as you like, but please just keep them for yourself or give them away. Thank you!
P.S. 30% discount for all my new patterns if you buy it within 48 hours of release! Subscribe to my Newsletter at www.LittleOwlsHut.com to be the first who knows about new patterns available for sale!
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- approx. 28 cm (11 inches) high if you used 1 mm hook
- Yarn - weight - Light Fingering / 3 ply (Yardage -237 yards (217 meters), unit weight - 50 grams (1.76 ounces)) I used - Vita HAWAII (55% cotton, 45% acrylic) 2 main colors -
- Green (main color) - approx. 250 m (273 yards)
- Pink (hands and wings) - approx. 50 m (55 yards)
- Some white yarn for eyes (it should be a bit thinner than the main one).
- Hook matching the yarn. I used 1 mm (UK steel - 6 1/2, US steel - 12) for the main parts and 1.5 mm (US steel - 8, UK steel - 4 1/2) for the hat Please note that you should use much thinner hook than stated at the yarn label.
- Stuffing: hollofiber or padding polyester
- Copper wire with plastic covering for the frame (you should be able to bend it with hands but it shall keep the form). Consumption depends on the yarn weight and the gauge. I used 150 cm (60 inches) of wire.
- Sewing thread of matching colors for sewing small details.
- Sewing needle.
- Tapestry needle for tightening.
- Wooden stick for stuffing hard-to-get-to places.
- Plaster adhesive-backed fabric tape 1-1.5 cm wide to work up the wire cuts. (The tape you use to cover wounds (first aid)).
- Green wool for felting (for a comb).
- Paint for tinting (you can use: brown eye shadows, acrylic paint for fabric, pastel, oil-base paint).
- Few small pebbles to add weight to the dragon's tail or small bag with Polypropylene Filling Beads (If you can't find Polypropylene Filling Beads you can use metal nuts, caps, piles of coins wrapped around with a plaster tape)
- For a hat and scarf
- Red yarn - Vita Brilliant Weight - Fingering / 4 ply (14 wpi) (45% wool, 55% acrylic, 100 g / 380 m) in 2 strands Any white fuzzy yarn. Weight - DK / 8 ply (11 wpi) (cotton 65%, polyamide 35%; 100 g/220 m) Hook 1.5 mm (US steel - 8, UK steel - 4 1/2)
280 yards of Fingering weight
Vita Hawaii, Vita Brilliant